SC Procurement Specialist (Nightshift)
Job Family Group
Contracting and Procurement
Posting Start Date
June 21, 2021
Supply chains are at the core of Shell’s competitiveness and Contracting & Procurement (CP) plays an instrumental role in Shell achieving all three strategic ambitions. We work with 29,000 suppliers, collaborate with all the businesses and functions across the Group, and handle around $40 billion third-party spend. CP is an innovative, learning and compliant organisation and by forging deep relationships with our business partners, we operate safe, competitive, sustainable and digitally connected global supply chains. In CP we believe in creating an inclusive culture and work environment where you can thrive, innovate and develop; but most of all, be yourself.
Roles in Supply Chain/CP offer the opportunity to be part of a highly commercial environment with an emphasis on external focus and delivery of material value to the bottom line through delivering competitive, resilient supply chains- a real Commercial Powerhouse. All roles work in close collaboration with the CoB/function/asset/geography/category they support with the intent to be on the ‘front foot’ bringing innovation to supply chains and supporting business development. The impact and influence on delivering business strategies is far-reaching and significant, from Care in terms of supporting the safety and welfare of our supply chain communities to leading the way on delivering the Energy Transition and circularity across all the emissions scopes and waste we generate to leverage the current and emerging digital platforms that provide internal and external connectivity to deliver insights and value. Being a member of this community, you will experience a way of working leveraging both global and local supply chains and relationships. From negotiation and deal making to sourcing for business development, we take professional pride in all we do.
The purpose of the CP Procurement Specialist is to manage portfolio of contracts and handling new demands assigned to Class of Business and category/categories according to Category Management Contracting and Procurement (CMCP) guidelines.
The CP Procurement Specialist is accountable for aggregating/leveraging third-party spend/demand and to develop/execute the sourcing strategy for operational spend to optimise Shell’s buying power and reduce the overall 3rd party spend. The CP Procurement Specialist will ensure the Sourcing Strategy is aligned with Business/Function priorities through regular engagement with key business stakeholders and 3rd party suppliers to establish annual, integrated cost saving targets.
The CP Procurement Specialist manages tail end spend by working in close coordination with Procurement Managements/Category Managers, maximizes value from Operational Contracts and implement Enterprise Framework Agreement (EFA) and Category contracts, Works with regional Trading House Procurement Managers to optimize spend through Trading Houses, ensures continuity of supply through managing ad-hoc business requirements in accordance with Tail spend management principles.
The CP Procurement Specialist position exists to lead and execute RtP transactions in an effective, efficient and time-sensitive manner, and to ensure that all associated day-to-day activities are delivered at top-quartile performance levels. The successful candidates will also seek and execute continuous improvement projects and act as a primary RtP contact for creation and maintenance of purchase orders as well as other issues relating to transactions in the relevant system.
- Work with various stakeholders within various Shell Businesses, Functions, to execute Category Management commercial work plans, assuring supply of contracts at market competitive terms and conditions, as well as delivering value through Bottom Line Impact
- Deliver value to Shell Businesses and Functions by Contracting and procuring services as well as developing and managing local agreements under the direction of the Local Procurement Lead and Global Category Manager as appropriate
- Developing and executing commercial contract strategies for operational spend as well as operationalising and managing operational agreements commercially
- Execute Group Contract Management process for assigned operational contracts
- Ensure all commercial activity is fully aligned with the Global Category Management commercial strategies and Tail spend principles
- Manage one-off Purchase Orders
- Diagnose, resolve and/or coordinate the resolution of problem areas arising in the RtP process, analysing requisition quality and work with requisitioners as necessary to make lasting improvements. The Procurement Specialist ensures commercial terms are correctly reflected in the purchase orders and suppliers get paid at agreed payment terms.
- As RtP focal, Procurement Specialist also holds the role of ERP Super User for Procurement of Goods (PGS) process to 1) facilitate ERP upgrade rollouts via testing and error resolution, and 2) maximize use of ERP automation capabilities and executing consolidation of all transactional processing within operations.
- Reduce/rationalize number of Contracts/Suppliers
- Ensures compliance according to Group Standards- Works on Short Form MCL Contract Template
- Act as gatekeeper for any new supplier requests. This is a challenge to the business to ensure that only the minimum necessary number of new vendors are added to Master Data records.
- As requested, work with Accounts Payable to resolve outstanding parked and blocked invoices (usually PO or Business Service Entry related).
- Follow-up and resolve daily Contracting & Procurement related issues with suppliers, businesses and finance.
- Set-up and follow-up On-Line Bidding.
Supply Chain Intelligence – Knowledge
Most Competitive Category & Sourcing Strategy – Knowledge
Deal Making & Negotiations – Skill
Contract Management – Knowledge
Supplier Account Management – knowledge
Business Partnering – Skill
Process, Systems and Data Management – Skill
Stakeholder Management – Knowledge
- Ability to prioritise work-plans and resources to execute against the Business/Technical drivers
- Ability to influence business decisions
- Clear understanding of compliance guidelines
- Adeptness at maintaining business continuity and improving cycle times of contract execution while also delivering unplanned and urgent requirements
Manage portfolio of Operational Contracts (aggregated contract risk mainly low and med), including Stand Alones and Sub-Agreements – in line with contract segmentation guidelines and principles,
Manage spend estimated between 10-30 MUSD Actual Contract Value (ACV) (excluding call-offs and admin contracts),
Drive Tail spend automation
Execute CP Requisition to Pay process for the region – focus on Operational Excellence levers.
Primarily support one single ERP / site and serve as a
backup for Procurement Specialist
- Process PRs with no sourcing requirements .
Minimise PR overdue
- Ensure all critical PRs are sounce on time
- Resolve and manage workflows
Need to be a self starter , taking initiative in areas such as develop pipeline of commercial activities through management of existing contracts, handling new demands, analytical review of unmanaged spend and un-analysed contracts, within the category/portfolio,
Understand the business requirements, demonstrate knowledge of the commercial markets and commercial risks,
Engage/influence business stakeholders in the development and implementation of sourcing strategies,
Ability to prioritise work-plans and resources to execute against the Business/Technical drivers,
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Antas ng seniority
Uri ng trabaho
Function sa trabaho
Project Management, Purchasing, Supply Chain
Oil & Energy
Por favor, para solicitar este trabajo visita ph.linkedin.com.