With our expertise, we are not only creating data and information, but also producing timely insights from every angle to influence decision making in this ever changing and highly competitive market. We have a relentless hunger to innovate and unlock the power of human insights and to drive value for our customers. There has never been a better time to make an impact and we invite you to join us on this journey.
Fitch Solutions provides data, research and analytics that help clients excel at managing their credit risk, offer deep insight into the debt investment market, and provide comprehensive intelligence about the macroeconomic environment. All available on our platform, Fitch Connect, designed and built using our credit, macro and industry expertise to help you make more informed decisions.
Title: Sales Specialist – Country Risk Industry Research, SSA Region
Location: Centurion/Pretoria, South Africa
In this high-profile sales specialist role, you will be responsible for pursuing new business efforts for Fitch Solutions Country Risk and Industry Research vertical.
Reporting to the Country Risk and Industry Research Sales Manager this position holds direct revenue responsibility. You will be required to execute on a sales plan in order to achieve a new logo target to expand our footprint primarily in South Africa, and other SSA countries
This role is based in Centurion/Pretoria offers a base salary and commission.
Key Responsibilities Will Include
- Convert inbound leads alongside lead generation through a variety of channels
- Successfully articulate the value proposition to multiple stakeholders within an organisation
- Aggressively drive sales by prospecting, cold calling, qualifying and securing meetings with appropriate prospects
- Managing the entire sales process from qualification through to negotiation and close
- Working with marketing to design thoughtful sales campaigns to grow the sales pipeline and increase the sales conversion rate
- Work with the Country Risk and Industry Research team to ensure our value proposition and sales approach is well crafted and well suited for the target audience
- Consistently achieve sales activity KPIs
- Accurately reporting revenue forecasts and managing pipeline progression in Salesforce
- Travel within assigned territory as required to meet with clients and prospects
- You will be a self-starter who is proactive and creative in identifying and developing new business opportunities.
- Team player who likes to work hard in a fast paced environment
- Organised and able to multi-task
- Able to achieve and exceed monthly and quarterly revenue expectations
- A strong influencer able to negotiate with senior stakeholders within financial, corporate and government institutions
- Personable with excellent public speaking and presentation skills
- Deep understanding and interest in Africa / Global affairs
- Previous sales experience with a consistent track record of success. Alternatively, a bright recent graduate with a passion for a career in sales.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Business, Politics or related field or relevant work experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of CRM systems and Salesforce
- It is essential that you have excellent communication skills, fluency in both written and verbal forms of English are essential.
- You must be self-motivated and able to generate ideas and demonstrate initiative, tenacity and perseverance.
- Travel will be required in this role
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Wholly owned by the Hearst Corporation, we are comprised of three main businesses: Fitch Ratings | Fitch Solutions | Fitch Learning.
For more information please visit our websites: | |
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch’s credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will be asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Sales and Business Development
Capital Markets, Financial Services, and Research