ICC T20 World Cup Australia
ABOUT ICC MEN’S T20 WORLD CUP
The ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2022 is cricket’s ultimate prize in the fastest growing and most accessible format of the game. T20 is the vehicle to attract new, more diverse and younger audiences to the game. In 2022, Australia has a unique opportunity to host this major global event. The eyes of the world will be on Australia as 16 of the best men’s teams, compete to be crowned world champions. This will be the first time that the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup has been held in Australia and follows the highly successful ICC Cricket World Cup 2015, staged across Australia and New Zealand, which delivered record-breaking attendances, visitation and global television audiences.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Reporting directly to the Project Manager the purpose of this position is to maximise commercial revenues for the tournament through a complete sales strategy across all channels. A minimum of 5 years B2B sales experience is necessary, ideally in the Sports/Live Entertainment environment, however this would be a great opportunity for someone with a proven track record in sales to transfer into the sporting and entertainment industry.
As Sales Manager, you will:
- Lead the sales efforts for the hospitality program and sell globally
- Effectively prospect to our warm leads database.
- Identify new business through a sustained program of cold/warm calling, presentations and market research
- Actively follow up all leads and opportunities
- Preferably have strong relationships and network in the Sydney & Melbourne hospitality market Develop client relationships to extract maximum value for the tournament
- Manage and cross sell to established accounts.
- Identify and develop a sustained pipeline of sales opportunities
- Be a team player and work alongside the sales team to achieve overall revenue targets
- Attend key sales meetings with the Local organising committee
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
As a Sales Manager, you must:
- Be accountable for the delivery of your revenue budget
- Communicate in a clear, timely and consistent manner.
- Demonstrate a positive and professional communication style.
- Participate in and support a team environment.
- Share information in a positive way.
- Follow TEG company policies and procedures.
- Support and participate in a safe workplace culture.
- Be adaptable and able to mould to an ever-changing environment.
- Be able to quickly establish rapport and develop client relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
This position will occasionally have a requirement to work out of hours and travel interstate.
At TEG all your hard work in helping change the way we interact with clients and customers will not go unnoticed. In return we support and reward great performance by offering competitive salaries, employee benefits and incentives.