Ruby on Rails Developer – Remote, Full Time – LATAM
Join FullStack Labs as we revolutionize the software consulting industry, and execute on our mission to rid the world of ugly, outdated, buggy software.
As an engineer at FullStack Labs you will help our incredible clients achieve their technical goals in one of two ways: 1) Team Augmentation: You will integrate yourself directly into our client’s team and work alongside their existing engineers on a daily basis. 2) Design & Build: You will work on a FullStack Labs development team to build and ship greenfield applications for our clients.What We’re Looking For:
- 4+ years of professional software development experience. 6+ years preferred but not required.
- 2+ years of professional experience working with Ruby on Rails.
- Meaningful experience working on large, complex systems.
- A four-year college degree is required.
- Ability to take extreme ownership over your work. Every day is a challenge to ensure you are performing to the expectations you and your team have agreed upon, both in regards to estimates and to the general process.
- Ability to identify with the goals of FullStack’s clients, and dedicate yourself to delivering on the commitments you and your team make to them.
- An understanding of best practices and a commitment to following them.
- Ability to work through new and difficult issues and contribute to libraries as needed.
- Ability to create and maintain continuous integration and delivery of applications.
- A positive mindset and can-do attitude.
- Forensic attention to detail.
- You’re passionate about software development…it’s not just your career, it’s your hobby. You’re constantly striving to learn new things and improve. You follow industry news, regularly tinker with new technologies, and read books and blogs to keep your skills current.
- Ability to consistently work 40 hours per week.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Work as part of a small team, which will include other developers, a project manager, a QA professional, and a designer.
- Complete two-week sprints and participate in sprint retrospectives and daily standups.
- Assist with building estimates.
- Interface with clients via Slack, Zoom, and email.
- Track your time throughout the day using Toggl.
- Work with modern tools including Jira, Slack, GitHub, Google Docs, etc.
- Be part of a community of developers that share knowledge and help each other as problems arise.
- Follow FullStack’s detailed development process.
- All Locations
- Competitive Salary.
- Overtime pay.
- 100% remote work, now and post COVID.
- The ability to work with leading startups and Fortune 500 companies in the USA.
- Colombia Benefits
- Prepaid Medical.
- English Classes.
- All standard government required benefits.
Wrapping it All Up
Being a software consultant is a fun, challenging, and rewarding career choice for developers. Your contributions are highly valued by clients, and the work you do often has a direct and significant impact on client’s businesses.
You will have the chance to work on a variety of projects for our incredible clients, which will help you quickly improve as a consultant and software developer. You will get to work with modern languages and frameworks alongside some of the best developers in the world.
So if you have the desire to be a part of an exciting, challenging and rapidly-growing software development consultancy, and if you are passionate about software development and consulting, please apply.
Engineering and Information Technology
Information Technology and Services, Computer Software, and Internet