Reporting and partnership Officer, P02, Temporary Assignment 364 Days, 00117582 #ALG, Algiers – Algeria, MENA
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a chance…
How can you make a difference?
The Programme Coordination Unit (PMU) coordinates UNICEF Algeria Country Office reporting obligations. During the current program cycle and in anticipation of the next programme cycle, the PMU must continue to ensure meeting reporting and resource mobilisation obligations, upholding UNICEF’s high standards in terms of quality and timeliness of donor reports and proposals, including within the COVID19 context.
Under the general supervision of the Deputy Representative, the Reporting and Partnerships Officer will strengthen the country office capacity to deliver on improving timely and quality submission of reports as well as developing proposals and other quality material and assist the organization in deepening collaboration with key stakeholders. S/He will support the PMU in deepening collaboration with key stakeholders and helping to provide support on reporting for existing country grants, internal coordination and an interface for environmental scanning, knowledge exchange, resource mobilization, and policy influence within the scope of assignment. S/He may also serve as a focal point and resource for colleagues on specific thematic areas of strategic relevance for partnership development. The key result is to ensure greater visibility for UNICEF and influence in support of its mission.
Under the direct supervision of Deputy Representative, the Reporting and Partnerships Officer will undertake the following tasks:
- Ensure that internal and external donor reports are produced with high quality and in a timely manner;
- Track reports due for donors and develop a coherent system for centralizing, recording and monitoring the Country Office’s commitment aligned with specific terms and conditions of funding;
- Prepare a process to track the completion and transmission of donor reports;
- Support the development of frameworks and templates and support high quality standard review of partner agreements and amendments for the management approval, ensuring compliance with UNICEF’s and donors’ rules and regulations, including reporting with other UN agencies;
- Assist in the development, consolidation, drafting and editing of English-language quality reports and papers, for example: the Annual Report, the Mid Term Review Summary, Country Programme Documentation, etc.;
- Provide support to conceptualize and draft outlines for project proposals;
- With substantive inputs from Programme Officers and field staff, finalize and format English language project proposals;
- Liaise with PFO, GRO, RO and National Committees in identifying prospective donors and ensuring that project proposals are drafted in compliance with criteria set out by donors;
- Ensure the completion and correct transmission of project proposals to required addressees;
- Ensure timely reporting on COVID19-related commitments with newly-engaged donors, notably USAID, Canada, Japan, etc.;
- Monitor the effective expenditure of COVID19-related funds in compliance with funding proposals, and in collaboration with the budget team,
- Develop and maintain deep knowledge and familiarity with current and prospective partners and relevant stakeholders, contributing to a database of key contacts and to UNICEF’s base of knowledge on partnership and resource mobilization;
- Support the office in expanding UNICEF’s network of key interlocutors to build stronger relationships between UNICEF and governments, other key-decision makers, regional development institutions, foundations, the private sector, international financial institutions and/or relevant constituencies. Invest in upgraded visibility efforts as well as transparent communication with donors;
- Prepare, review, finalize and participate in the implementation of UNICEF Algeria partnership and resource mobilization strategy in coordination with the PMU and Programme team, UNICEF Regional Office and HQ where applicable.
- Review and regularly update annual partnership engagement and resource mobilization plans, and assist the office for their implementation;
- Support the office in identifying COVID19-related funding opportunities as well as strategic partnerships;
- Contribute to ideas for opportunities to develop new and existing synergies with other UN agencies in order to support a more effective and efficient approach to programme delivery;
- Assist with the preparation of information to provide to the government, UN agencies, NGOs, and other partners on the strategy, design, relevance and impact of programmes, to advocate the work of UNICEF. Support the country office in the identification and pursuit of opportunities for outreach, engagement, policy influence and collaboration, including on how to anticipate and respond to partners’ concerns and priorities,
- Contribute to the development of new partnership and resource mobilization practices and approaches by formulating recommendations for action based on on-going monitoring, analyzing current trends within designated partners and formulating recommendations for strategy approaches and message development. Conduct research on perspective new partners for UNICEF, and provide analysis of the areas of work, outreach, financial based and reputation of prospective partners.
- Contribute to strategies for engagement and the development of communications products to enhance UNICEF’s visibility and influence with existing and prospective partners and key stakeholders by providing analysis of the current environment and trends and formulating recommendations for strategy approaches and message development.
Key Expected Results
The incumbent gathers, analyses and reports information in a manner that draws out fact-based insights to inform quality reporting and support substantive discussion with partners. S/he captures relevant information and progress and ensures internal information sharing.
Accurate and timely information to partners will strengthen the credibility of the organization which in turn will result in trust and increase resources to the organization. Well analyzed information in support to senior management can result in an increase of funding opportunities.
The Incumbent Is Expected To
- Ensure that internal UNICEF Algeria and external donor reports are produced with high quality and in a timely manner;
- Analyze different donor reporting requirements and assist programme officers to meet donor expectations;
- Support conceptualization and drafting outlines for project proposals and donor briefs.
- Work closely with Deputy Representative and UNICEF programme officers on annual report preparation and other country programme documentation (policy briefs, fact sheets etc.) and assist the development, consolidation, drafting and editing of English-language;
- Promote and build capacity on results-oriented reporting at project and programme level through training and sharing of best practices and lessons learned
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
A Master’s degree is required in one of the following fields: international relations, political science, communications, international development, or another relevant technical field.
At least two years of progressively responsible professional work experience, including in developing countries, in one or more of the following areas: partnerships, programme management, external relations, resource mobilization, communications related activities, preferably in an international organization.
Advanced ability to express clearly and concisely ideas and concepts in written form; specific skills in report writing and editing.
Fluency in French and English is required. Knowledge of another UN language considered as an asset
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness
- Works Collaboratively with others
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships
- Innovates and Embraces Change
- Thinks and Acts Strategically
- Drive to achieve impactful results
- Manages ambiguity and complexity
- Persuading and influencing
- Applying technical expertise
- Learning and researching
- Planning and organizing
- Current knowledge of development issues, strategies, as well as programming policies and procedures in international development cooperation.
- Strong drafting and communications skills (verbal and written).
- Strong networking and negotiation skills.
- Strong familiarity with major donor’s project management and reporting requirement.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and establish harmonious working relationships, both within and outside the organization.
- Advanced knowledge of partnership development and resource mobilization.
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
Click here to learn more about UNICEF’s values and competencies.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Position Opened for internationals
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Public Relations, Business Development, and Marketing
Nonprofit Organization Management