Through its world-class LTE and fibre networks, together with its suite of eight (8) apps spanning sports (SportsMax), music (D’Music), news (Loop), local radio and podcasts (GoLoud), TV streaming (PlayGo), enhanced messaging and marketplaces (BiP), cloud storage (Billo) and self-care (MyDigicel app), Digicel is the only operator in its markets that can deliver that.
Serving consumer and business customers in 32 markets in the Caribbean, Central America and Pacific, its investments of over US$7 billion and a commitment to its communities through its Digicel Foundations in Haiti, Jamaica, Papua New Guinea and Trinidad & Tobago have contributed to positive outcomes for over 3 million people to date.
With its Better Together brand, Digicel is making a promise of simply more to customers and communities and its 7,000 employees worldwide work together to make that a powerful reality day in, day out.
Visit www.digicelgroup.com for more.
Primary Objective Of The Job
Responsible for complying data into specific reports. This includes report design for self-service reporting and maintenance of existing reports.
Main Duties And Responsibilities
- Manage preparation and consolidation of periodic reporting outputs
- Critically review reporting outputs to provide a clear understanding of business performance and levers
- Assist in the effective deployment of global performance reporting
- Design reports that are easily accessible and so that users can adjust according to the business requirements.
- Configuration of reports to existing databases so that information can be presented in a useful form to aid decision making
- Configuration of systems to collect data across source systems to ensure that all relevantinformation can be accessed mechanism for best practice sharing (the latter to be in close liaison with Customer Experience)
- Maintain the Report Finder and inventory of custom reports (whilst minimising local variation and deviation from leading practice design principles
- Support Change management request for Reporting and deliver according to Service Level Agreement (SLA)
Academic Qualifications And Experience Required
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology, or any other related field
- Two – Three (2-3) years relevant working experience
- Relevant experience in Accounting, Finance, Reporting or IT
- Experience in leading data science projects and delivering from end to end
- Experience in data mining and data analysis in relational databases and in the latest 3rd party data analytics software
- Quantitative knowledge and skills, training in computer science, math and statistics preferable
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking capabilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of Workday (include Worksheet and Adaptive) is essential
- Advance financial modeling with VBA preferable
- Understanding and experience with multi-currency reporting environment and the challenges this multi-currency environment provides including FX risk management reporting
- Understanding of the regulatory environment of Financial reporting, data privacy and security
- Understanding of cloud computing methodologies
- Understanding of ETL (extract transformation and load) tools
- Robust foundation of solution development methodologies for tailored approaches to data model and / or reporting solution development and continuous improvement
- Good understanding of techniques and best practices to deliver value in these associated areas which is evolving at a rapid rate
Functional Skills And Abilities
- Strong communication skills to ensure that reports developed present information in an effective manner
- The ability ensure that report systems are presentable and can be used easily and effectively
- Strong analytical skills are essential to assess the business requirements to determine data required for the different report types
- Problem solving abilities in understanding how to access data to produce effective reports
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may, and probably will be asked to perform other duties as required. Each employee, regardless of classification, is required to maintain a safe, orderly and clean workplace, using safety precautions and observing safety rules at all times.