REMOTE – Gov. Underwriter – VA/FHA (6 year avg. tenure!)
With all the organic, consistent growth over the past 10 years, our avg. tenure is even still 6 years. This is primarily due to the close-knit, team environment we’ve established and continue to build with each new hire, and the fact that we only look to bring people on board who are looking for growth as we heavily invest back into our employees! Whether you’re looking to get certifications, become a team lead or manager, or even step into a different department, we will lay out a track together to make sure you are reaching your goals!
Regarding compensation: Our top producing Government Underwriters are taking home $230k annually.
We handle a good balance of new purchase loans to refinances and service the main government markets, which has proven to be successful in sustainable loan volume. With the current environment, our current pipeline is about 55-60% purchases. Our primary loan type is Conventional, FHA, VA, some USDA and Bond Loans. Right now, underwriters are averaging about 4-8 files/day with a minimum of 50 initials/month and average around 70 for government UW’s, our bonus structure is lucrative for top performers while essentially guaranteeing all underwriters a minimum expected monthly bonus of $1750.
If you are interested in advancing your career, please apply today or e-mail your resume directly to [email protected]
Please have at least 2-3+ years of high volume Underwriting experience. DE / Chums required and Lapp / Sar designations are preferred.
Top Reasons to Work with Us
- 100% Remote opportunities
- Low turnover rate
- Numerous Top Workplace Awards
- Small company «feel» mixed with the stability, tools and benefits of a national corporation
- Excellent growth opportunities
- Overtime (OT) and strong benefits starting after 30 days
- Very strong bonus opportunities
- Paid sponsorship for certifications
What You Will Be Doing
- Perform a thorough analysis to ensure the quality of each loan and to determine compliance with Company and Investor guidelines.
- Perform a thorough analysis of collateral to ensure property meets investor guidelines and the appraisal quality and completeness is acceptable.
- Apply and interpret company underwriting guidelines and makes sound credit decision.
- Complete credit, analysis of income, analysis of property, ensures proper audits are completed and verifies consistency of loan file information.
- Identify risk factors within each loan and utilizes resources, tools and documentation to detect red flags and clear inconsistencies.
- Review and evaluate credit information on mortgage loan documents to determine acceptability for specific loan programs.
- Determine any conditions, stipulations or pre-funding requirements.
- Maintain ongoing knowledge of investor guidelines, updates and trends as applicable to underwriting position.
- Complete second signature underwriting review on loan files underwritten by junior underwriters and within designated authority as needed.
What You Need for this Position
- 2-10+ years of mortgage underwriting experience.
- DU and LP experience preferred
- FHA DE / Direct Endorsement / CHUMS designation are required
- VA SAR designation experience preferred
What’s In It for You
You will be rewarded with a competitive base salary, and benefits including but not limited to:
- Positions are 100% REMOTE
- Numerous / lucrative Production Bonuses
- Vacation/3 weeks PTO
- And More
So, if you are a Remote Mortgage government certified DE or LAPP/SAR Underwriter with experience, please apply today! Highly recommended to e-mail your resume directly to [email protected]
Email Your Resume In Word To
Looking forward to receiving your resume through our website and going over the position with you. Clicking apply is the best way to apply, but you may also:
- Please do NOT change the email subject line in any way. You must keep the JobID: linkedin : LH4-1644345 — in the email subject line for your application to be considered.***
Luke Holm – Executive Recruiter – CyberCoders
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
CyberCoders will consider for Employment in the City of Los Angeles qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance.
Construction, Information Technology and Services, and Financial Services