Registered Practical Nurse – PT
William Osler Health System
- Posting Number
- Job Title
Registered Practical Nurse – PT
- Contract Type
- Job Type
- Job Location
RCC Church Site
Reactivation Care Center
- Posted Date
- Closing Date
Job Posting Details
You became a Registered Practical Nurse because…
You want to make an impact.
You believe in the power of compassionate care.
You need to channel your intelligence towards helping others.
You are passionate about teamwork.
You have strength beyond measure.
This is your chance.
William Osler Health System invites you to answer the call to make a difference. Your community needs your skills, your compassion, and your energy.
With a focus on collaboration, access to leaders in their field as mentors, paid professional development opportunities, and a flexible, supportive environment, William Osler Health System is the place for healthcare professionals to achieve their career goals and find deep personal and professional fulfillment.
A hospital built for and by the community, we continue to expand our services and unit sizes to meet the needs of a growing population, creating opportunities for increased hands-on skills development, cross-department training, and promotion. With a leadership team led by our CEO, an ER physician who has been on the front-lines, driving our vision of patient-inspired health care without boundaries, everyone here is appreciated for their contribution in bringing our values to life, fostering innovation in assessments and treatments, and supporting the well-being of their patients and each other.
Who We Are
William Osler Health System is committed to providing safe, equitable, high-quality care in an environment that inspires our staff to learn, innovate and grow. We believe that, together, we can create a stronger, more unified health care system for people across our region.
One of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers for the ninth year in a row in 2021 for its exceptional workplace diversity and inclusiveness programs and one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for the eighth time in 2019, William Osler provides a leading healthcare network to grow your career. A multi-site hospital system that serves 1.3 million residents of Brampton, Etobicoke, and surrounding communities within the Central West Local Health Integration Network, we offer employees incredible exposure and challenging hands-on opportunities to stay at the top of your game. Our patient-centric focus is demonstrated across our locations, all uniquely designed to support both the practical aspects of access to compassionate, cutting-edge health care, as well as the way patients and visitors feel.
HOURS: Currently Days/Evenings 8 and 12 hours including weekends and statutory holidays
(Subject to change in accordance with operational requirements)
The Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) is a regulated health care professional who is accountable and responsible for providing quality patient focused nursing care to patients who are identified as less complex, demonstrate more predictable outcomes and are at lower risk for negative outcomes in the Reactivation Care Centre. As part of the interprofessional health care team, the RPN will practice according to the nursing practice expectations set by William Osler Health System, the regulatory practice standards of the College of Nurses and the legislative requirements set by the Regulated Health Professions Act (RHPA).
- Current registration, and in good standing, with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Sound knowledge of nursing process, theory, and responsibilities to the nursing profession
- BCLS required
- Medication Administration certificate and Patient Assessment Course required for RPNs graduating prior to 2005
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, communication, problem-solving, conflict-resolution and decision-making skills required
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an inter-professional team
- Demonstrated knowledge of patient and family-centred care and experience with patient and family health teaching required
- Demonstrated leadership and facilitation skills required
- Demonstrated excellent customer service, organizational and critical-thinking skills required
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development as it applies to the profession and related field
- Exemplary clinical practice within an inter-professional team to develop appropriate strategies for patient care
- Ability to prioritize patient care needs and make autonomous decisions
- Excellent physical assessment skills required
- Ability to promote a healthy work environment and practice excellent Client Safety guidelines
- Knowledge and understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Must demonstrate Osler Values of Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Diversity, Innovation
- May be required to travel and work between all Osler campuses
- Excellent attendance, punctuality and work record
The Reactivation Care Centre Rpn Is Responsible For
- Safe nursing practice in all aspects of the nursing process: Assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care
- Professional, patient-centred care to ensure patient safety and physiological and psychological well-being
- Providing care in a compassionate and caring manner within a diverse cultural environment.
- Practicing according to the infection control and prevention measures.
- Responding to emergency situations by recognizing changes in patient’s health status and consulting appropriately when necessary using Transfer of Accountability principles
- Providing health teaching to patients and families including thorough discharge instructions to ensure the continuity of care in the community
- Working with the patient interdisciplinary team to implement plans of care to prevent decline in levels of function and ADL
- Recent Medicine experience within the last 5 years, with a minimum of 2 years in Acute Medicine required
- Recent experience working with the geriatric patient preferred
- Recent experience in care of patient with Wound Care, Enteral Feeds, I.V. Therapy, Blood collection and Isolation preferred
Minimum: $28.82 per hour
Maximum: $31.17 per hour
Your community thanks you for considering this role.
Joining William Osler now is a chance to immerse yourself in a culturally diverse, collaborative, and innovative environment. You will play a key role building out a healthcare program that addresses the needs of people from all over the world and all levels of income, experiencing minor and life threatening injuries and diseases. As a major hospital system, we are home to some of the biggest specialty and emergency departments in the country and you will broaden your expertise, increase your knowledge and your own adaptability, and gain endless opportunities for growth.
Come live our values – Respect, Excellence, Innovation, Service, Compassion and Collaboration – with us.
Osler values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. (AODA). If you require an accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at .
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment recruitment purposes only, and not for any other purpose.
Antas ng seniority
Uri ng trabaho
Function sa trabaho
Health Care Provider
Nonprofit Organization Management, Health, Wellness and Fitness, Hospital & Health Care