Regional Crypto Compliance Officer (Cryptocurrency/Fintech)
Black Pen Recruitment
Regional Crypto Compliance Manager (Cryptocurrency/Fintech)
Are you an experienced Crypto Compliance Manager? Are you looking for a remote job? Then we have the opportunity for you!
Our client, an American based remote company, is looking to hire a Regional Crypto Compliance Manager to join their exciting remote team. They are one of the first movers in bringing Cryptocurrency to the masses in Africa and the Middle East.
The Regional Compliance Manager will report to the Director of Compliance. The Regional Compliance Team (RCT) Manager will execute the management of a field team in the AML Compliance Department. This role will supervise a number of direct staff positions responsible for performing Agent/Client compliance program onboarding, reviews, investigations, and executing Agent/Client compliance support duties.
You will also need strong MS capabilities, (PPT, Excel, etc.). Strong relationship management capabilities and experience managing large clients and cross functional Compliance/Business interaction. And the ability to travel 25% to 50%.
Job Type: Full-Time | Remote
- Fluent in English
- Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations/certifications (CAMS, CFE, Audit)in this field is highly desirable.
- Minimum Required: Post-secondary degree in Compliance, Risk, Finance, Legal or equivalent combination of educational and work experience
- 3-5 years’ of work experience within the financial services industry or cryptocurrency/fintech industry.
- Working knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act and AML Regulations, USA Patriot Act, Office of Foreign Assets Control (strongly preferred outside of US; required US).
- Ability to operate multi-nationally with internal business partners and external partners/third party vendors.
- Ability to work in a self-directed and remote environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of remittance or cryptocurrency type business practices, organizational structure and general policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to draft clear and professional correspondence and other documents of a legal, compliance and business nature.
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work with and resolve Partner Compliance complaints.
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately work with confidential information.
- Ability to facilitate the collection of information through interviews, meetings etc.
- Ability to articulate and convey complex, conceptual information to various audiences verbally and in writing.
- Experience communicating with regulators and law enforcement agencies.
- Experience in public speaking and making clear and persuasive business presentations.
- Excellent demonstrated organizational skills, including time management, record keeping, self-scheduling, and follow-up.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to act independently.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Drive execution and ongoing improvement of the hybrid Compliance and Anti-Fraud programs (encompassing fiat and cryptocurrency), principles, standards, policy, and oversight expectations within assigned territory.
- Implements policies and procedures designed to mitigate exposure and enhance compliance activities.
- Ensures the Global Compliance program is maintained and relevant.
- Consults with internal and external experts (legal, engineering, client services, product development, law enforcement, partners) to identify risks, best practice and expectations.
- Analyses internal and external information to gain additional intelligence regarding emerging risks in fiat money and cryptocurrency .
- Communicates policy goals for areas of expertise, ensuring application across the Group.
- Facilitates policy, risk and control discussions with internal and external Stakeholders.
- Ensures policy objectives are met and remediated where required.
- Provides guidance and support to the Regional business and engineering through participation in new product/service or channel projects.
- Provides support for Third Party Vendor due diligence and Compliance Review activities.
- Provides guidance, policy interpretation and support to Partners within the region.
- Actively participates in management discussions on risk and participates in governance and risk committee meetings as appropriate.
- Provides content messaging for new policies as rolled out.
- Ensures training materials are in-line with regulatory and policy expectations.
- Provides both internal as well as Partner and employee Compliance training.
- Manage and mentor the Regional Compliance team.
- Facilitates internal audit, independent audit and regulatory queries and duties.
Only CVs in English will be considered.
If you are interested in the position, apply today!