Regional Construction Manager – Bay of Plenty
Downer New Zealand
The Bay of Plenty Construction business is looking to grow, and we need a highly motivated and commercially savvy Regional Construction Manager. It’s not for the faint-hearted – we’re looking for an effective communicator who’s not afraid of challenges.
This is an exciting opportunity to help us build our future by leading our high performing Bay of Plenty based Construction teams in a role where you will live and breathe collaboration and the mantra “one team one dream”. Bring your strong civil construction and leadership experience to the fore and make this role your own. Your team have a great forward workload of directly procured projects, with many exciting projects to keep you and the team busy.
About The Role
In this key leadership role as part of our Transport team, you’ll work with the Construction Managers in setting and executing our strategy. You will be responsible for development and delivery of the long-term construction strategy with sustainable growth and excellence in delivery paramount to all decision making.
Your Focus Will Be To Promote And Drive
- Our strategic business development for the Bay of Plenty Regional Construction team
- Construction best practice across the region
- Development of construction capability within the Contract Managers and Project Engineers
- A risk management approach to the delivery of the consolidated regional programme
As an experienced Construction or Project Manager, you’ll bring with you a proven record of putting people first through providing decisive and inclusive leadership to your teams and the wider business. You’ll also have:
- Strategic planning skills, focused on delivering BAU with excellence whilst growing our market
- Strong communication skills including the ability to build and maintain relationships
- A collaborative approach and ability to engage at all levels of the business
- Demonstrated capability in financial and performance management
- Extensive construction experience in delivering contracts including demonstrated capability in commercial acumen, project controls, programme management and resource planning.
A role with us can enable you to develop and enhance your skills and experience. This is a great opportunity for you to join our diverse and inclusive culture and be part of a great team thriving in a collaborative fast-paced environment. We will reward you with a competitive remuneration package, flexible working arrangements, great training and ongoing development, and the opportunity to advance your career within our organisation.
If this role appeals to you and you tick most of the criteria above, then don’t delay, we’d love to hear from you today! Apply via www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 583997
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free – all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don’t delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.