Reconciliation & Liquidity Admin Officer
Wave Mobile Money
We’re making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, nearly 60% of adults in sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That’s for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We’re solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don’t always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d’Ivoire. Now we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that’s where you come in…
How you’ll help us achieve it
We’re looking for a Reconciliation Officer who is resourceful and excited about getting things done as we rapidly scale our business in Uganda In this role, you will be responsible for daily bank reconciliations to ensure our bank partner balances match our booking/internal balances and your tasks will include:
- Going through each transaction individually, making sure the amounts are correctly recorded in our internal ledger
- Exporting daily statements from bank portals to record it internally for reconciliation purposes
- Report and alert if there are any differences to investigate
- Daily reconciliation of bank transactions.
- Record daily and monthly bank fees.
- Investigate and identify the source of any discrepancy or balance difference.
- Assisting the Liquidity Manager in implementing projects related to liquidity.
- Tracking the balance of E-float creation and hexing billing.
- Creating a daily reconciliation report.
- Fluent in English and another local language
- In-depth knowledge of our product and agent network since the candidate will be required to explain the product to agents and other stakeholders
- Location: You’ll work from our office in Kampala and will spend most of the day in the field possibly, in other regions of Uganda
- Work authorization in Uganda
You might be a good fit if you
- You have knowledge of and experience in basic bookkeeping or accounting skills.
- Are comfortable with technology, including using google sheets, excel, etc…
- Good with maths and numbers
- Are excessively detail-oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do.
- You’re self-motivated, enthusiastic, and team-oriented
- Love owning projects – you are autonomous yet know when to escalate issues.
- Willing to go the distance to get something done
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions
- Are flexible enough to adapt to various process changes and updates gracefully
- We have a continuously growing in-country team in Senegal, Cote D’Ivoire and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We’re deeply passionate about our mission of bringing great financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You’ll learn to own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
Accounting/Auditing, Analyst, and Finance
Financial Services and Information Technology and Services