QSE Advisor (Quality, Safety & Environmental)
ARE YOU EXPERIENCED IN QUALITY, SAFETY & ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT & LOOKING FOR YOUR NEXT OPPORTUNITY?
- Immediate Start!
- Great Safety culture with development & training opportunities
- Friendly and supportive company culture and fun team environment
AWJ, is a leading civil construction company based in Western Sydney with a great company culture.
We’re experiencing strong growth and offering market leading employment conditions to the right person.
QSE Advisor will be responsible for:
- Ensuring all operations involving AWJ comply with all applicable legislative, regulatory requirements including applicable guidelines, standards, contractual requirements and Integrated Management System (AWJ).
- Assist in maintaining the Quality, Safety and Environment Management Systems in compliance with ISO 9001, ISO 45001 and ISO 14001 respectively.
- Facilitate project delivery in accordance with the requirements of Project Management Plans.
- Prepare project documentation as required by works under contract including but not limited to: CEMP’s, EWMS’s, SMP’s, SWMS, registers.
- Assist the QSE Manager in the preparation of system documentation.
Monitoring, inspection and auditing
- Undertake monitoring as required by project plans or system procedures including air, soil, noise, vibration, water quality.
- Undertake inspection of project sites and other AWJ facilities (e.g. workshops, storage yards) as required by project plans, system procedures or as directed by management.
- Undertake internal auditing of works to assess compliance with project plans and system procedures in accordance with the relevant audit schedule.
- Assist in third party system compliance audits as directed by management.
- Ensure corrective actions arising from inspections / audits are closed out in a timely fashion.
- Assist in the preparation of incident reports, investigations and implementation of corrective actions.
- Assist in the response and management of emergency situations.
- Investigate incidents with the assistance of management personnel.
- Assist injured workers through their workers compensation and rehabilitation process
- Assist the QSE Manager with all workers compensation documentation and claims management
Training and awareness
- Participate, organise and perform internal training of AWJ personnel including; tool box talks, information sessions and formal training sessions.
- Assist in organising external training for workers
- Manage the induction process
- Maintain computer data files in an organised and accessible fashion as required by the QSE Manager.
- Record all relevant information into SMS including complaints management, incident reports, non conformances and corrective actions.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of legislation, regulation, guidelines, codes of practice, standards and contractual specifications applicable to the role.
- Champion the lessons learnt process by recording and actioning during project completion and commencement meetings.
- Monitor and action where required, the close out of NCR’s and CAR’s raised as a result of inspections or audits.
Minimum qualifications, experience, and attributes:
- Safety – Cert IV Work Health and Safety
- ICAM – I
- RTW – Coordinator
- Communication skills training including conflict resolution, negotiation and complaints management
- 3+ years experience in construction, mining, facility maintenance or similar industry
- Have a satisfactory understanding of legislative and regulatory requirements, standards, guidelines, codes of practice and contractual specification relevant to environment and safety management.
- Motor vehicle Driver’s Licence recognised in Australia;
- Ability to communicate and liaise effectively with people at all levels within AWJ, and other stakeholders as required;
- Knowledge/experience in Microsoft “Office” software and other relevant computer applications;
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills;
- Work with a high degree of confidentiality and demonstrate sound judgment
- Sound negotiation, and conflict-resolution skills.
- Shows initiative.
- Provides solutions to issues identified.
AWJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We encourage and promote supportive teamwork and individual growth to create a great place to work. All successful applicants must have full working rights in Australia.
All candidates will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical, and a drug and alcohol screen.
Due to the anticipated number of applicants expected, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
Click to apply.