Public Allies San Antonio AmeriCorps Member
Public Allies San Antonio is a full time AmeriCorps program hosted through The Alamo Colleges District. Public Allies is a national movement committed to advancing social justice and equity by engaging and activating the leadership of all young people. We do this by providing opportunities for community organizations and individuals from diverse backgrounds to build their capacity through a values-led, results-driven leadership practice. Allies serve in paid full-time 10 month internship positions at local nonprofits, where they create, improve, and expand services that address issues including youth development, education, public health, and economic development. In addition, Allies participate in a rigorous leadership development program in which local community leaders and experts lead workshops to build the leadership skills of Allies. Allies also participate in community building activities, contribute to community service projects, and receive individual coaching to support their professional development during their apprenticeship.
Generally, these positions work in program development/evaluation, community outreach/engagement or community assessment.
- Design, plan, and implement one Team Service Project to benefit a nonprofit and the wider community *Participate in National Days of Service throughout the service term
- Plan, coordinate, and participate in bi-weekly leadership and professional training workshops to support peer development
- At least once a month, meet outside of placement and program with designated peer team for training, goal-setting, and team-building
- Engage in ongoing evaluation and reflection through monthly service reports, bi-weekly time logs, and a structured feedback process
- Present on service impact during the End of Year Presentations
Benefits Include: Childcare assistance if eligible; $6,345.00 Eli Segal Education award upon successful completion of service; Access to health care coverage; Student loan forbearance (for select loan types); Training; Flexible schedule depending on placement organization; SNAP Benefits (based on EFC)
Learn more at www.publicallies.org