Project Specialist 3
Key Roles And Responsibilities
- Provide overall oversight, leadership, and management of IRS project activities at district level.
- Work in collaboration with the malaria and IRS focal point persons at the District Health Office to manage the planning and coordination of IRS activities.
- Oversee the recruitment, training, and supervision of spray teams and IRS spray operators.
- Supervise and track inventory distribution and storage of materials, work with the logistics and procurement team to support procurement of IRS materials.
- Supervise IRS implementation, and contribute to the trainings conducted in the assigned geographical area.
- Ensure that routine program tracking and reporting are in place and delivered on time.
- Supervise and monitor field data collection with project M&E team.
- Manage the SBCC/IEC campaign and data collection process.
- Ensure that all risk prevention and environmental compliance measures are fully implemented and work closely with the project environmental compliance staff and district officers to address relevant issues.
- Facilitate communication between the districts in the assigned geographic area and the VectorLink project office.
- Represent the program at meetings with the community leaders and local steering committees.
- Supervise all logistical operations including quantification of insecticide and equipment needs and coordination with district Ministry of Health counterparts.
- Prepare weekly and other activity reports as directed by the project Operations Manager.
- Make frequent travels to field sites to support and oversee district and community level operations and activities.
- Ensure that the project is in compliance with US government and USAID contractual and regulatory obligations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Abt Associates Inc.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Bachelors Degree in Public or Community Health, Environmental Health, Entomology, or other relevant fields.
- At least two (2) years of relevant professional work experience, with significant amounts of experience directly in Vector Control and IRS Operations.
- Experience in regulatory and operational aspects of insecticide use and management is preferred. Demonstrated ability to work with a minimum of direction and supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work both as a member of a team and as a team leader, with the ability to accept the inputs of other team members.
- Strong management and planning skills of project tasks and budgets.
- Demonstrates leadership and team work and produces high quality work in a timely, cost effective manner and has excellent writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communications, and organizational skills.
- Excellent computer skills, computer software programs, including MSWord, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with USAID funded programs and/or other international development experience.
- English language fluency will be required
Bachelor’s Degree + Five years of relevant experience, or Master’s Degree + Three years of relevant experience, or PhD
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
At Abt Associates, we are committed to creating a lasting culture of equity, diversity and inclusion and recognize that in order to achieve full participation, our practices must be free of prejudice, discrimination, and bias that result in inequitable outcomes. We are actively working to advance equity for everyone, and while we still have much work to do, we know that racial and cultural diversity are an asset to our business and the communities where we live and serve. Our ongoing commitment is focused on creating business practices that advance racial and social equity, investments in community impact programs for the benefit of Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC), and expand upon project work related to racial equity and social justice.
Project Management and Information Technology
Nonprofit Organization Management, Management Consulting, and Financial Services