Project Manager-Finance(18 Months Contract)
Through its world-class LTE and fibre networks, together with its suite of eight (8) apps spanning sports (SportsMax), music (D’Music), news (Loop), local radio and podcasts (GoLoud), TV streaming (PlayGo), enhanced messaging and marketplaces (BiP), cloud storage (Billo) and self-care (MyDigicel app), Digicel is the only operator in its markets that can deliver that.
Serving consumer and business customers in 32 markets in the Caribbean, Central America and Pacific, its investments of over US$7 billion and a commitment to its communities through its Digicel Foundations in Haiti, Jamaica, Papua New Guinea and Trinidad & Tobago have contributed to positive outcomes for over 3 million people to date.
With its Better Together brand, Digicel is making a promise of simply more to customers and communities and its 7,000 employees worldwide work together to make that a powerful reality day in, day out.
Visit www.digicelgroup.com for more.
The Finance Project Manager is responsible for executing the overarching governance principles over in-flight finance projects. They will support the Project Office Director to mitigate risk of inflight projects and ensure their mutual success, whilst ensuring that different projects are aligned / dependencies met / resource conflicts managed etc. Provides quality and risk inputs to ensure ‘safe’ delivery and enable sharing of best practice cross-projects. Supports the overall transformation story so end user experience is optimised and coherent.
Main Duties And Responsibilities
- Leads the day-to-day management of the portfolio plan including detailed dependencies / change control over portfolio impacting changes
- Manage one or more Finance projects to successful completion within plan and budget
- Contributes to and leads aspects of pan-organisation design authority, including data boards
- Collate and share best practice approaches / methodologies
- Leads aspects of the development & deployment of overall transformation change story i.e. ensuring an end user understands the overall journey and how each project contributes
- Deploy quality standards & quality management approach
- Support the wider management resource conflicts and take (through governance) decision on resource priorities
- Identify and support mitigation of organisational level risk
- Monitor and help manage cross-project vendor delivery e.g. if vendors are supporting multiple programmes
- Drive value management ensuring target benefits of individual projects are clear (including accountabilities) and monitor delivery
- Financial control (act as ultimate financial gateway) consolidating and support action on financial performance
- Consolidate programme / project status (for purpose of taking action to address portfolio risk)
- Programme progress reporting to stakeholders
- Adherence to governance and quality
- People management and development for PMO team
- Reporting on project budgets
- Managing projects to their business case
Academic Qualifications And Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Programme management certification e.g. APM, Prince2, PMP etc
- Five years plus (5+) of relevant experience in project management in the Finance area
- Ability to lead a support successful project delivery to timelines and budget to achieve business outcomes
- Commercial and operational acumen, through experience of finance business partnering or adjacent functions.
- Previous experience establishing organizational structure and allocation of duties through management of subordinate teams.
- Previous experience of leading a team and having direct reports
- Proficiency in using ERP systems and MS products, such as Excel and Word
- Lean/Six Sigma exposure or equivalent desired.
- Ability to interact with leadership, key stakeholders, employees and suppliers in a professional manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ensuring delivery of the project with agreed output
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to multi-task and manage deadlines effectively
- Ability to manage and lead a team of Project Analysts in support