Project Delivery Manager
Join our collaborative team, working in our Mining & Minerals division on a new and innovative project to design, engineer and construct a world class processing facility. Leading a site based delivery team you will be responsible for the overall management and supervision of all activities required for the safe and timely execution of the project in compliance with its budgetary and engineering requirements to the client satisfaction whilst maximizing the profitability of the project to Wood.
Position Specifics & Deliverables
- Report project performance to both Client and Wood management with respect to safety performance, cost containment and schedule
- Align project objectives to those of client
- Ensure that all contractual requirements are complied
- Maintain and enhance Wood reputation and build successful working relationship with the client
- Participate in key client reviews and meetings as required
- Direct personnel responsible for HSSE, quality, engineering, fabrication, construction, and business services, including sub-contracts, planning, cost control and information management
- Ensure clear goals so that all project personnel are aligned to project requirement
- Establish effective communication and interfaces with other contractors within the project
- Issue progress, cost and information reports as required by the project
- Receive and distribute all relevant communications, with adequate guidance where action by others is required
- Appraise management of portfolio performance against objectives
- Ensure compliance of the Project Execution Plan
- Deliver project KPI’s, ensuring optimum financial return to Wood and provide regular reports on performance delivery
- Ensure that all work complies with the Client and Wood health, safety, security, environmental and quality policies and procedures; contract specific HSSE and Quality plans; and agreed interfacing requirements with the Client and other contractors, as appropriate
- Be a Safety Leader and promote HSSE awareness to all project personnel
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in engineering
- 20 (twenty) years of relevant experience in an EPC environment
- Commerical delivery for large projects
- Leadership, management, and coaching skills
- Customer relationship management
- Displays confidence in own abilities and is motivated to deliver
- Ability to investigate and interpret data
- Able to keep discipline and resolve conflict
- Ability to be responsive and open to changing circumstances
- Ability to motivate and supervise other discipline personnel
- Follows procedures and processes at all times
- Demonstrates an ongoing commitment to safety and assurance within the workplace.
- Actively demonstrate a client focused attitude to work scopes.
- Demonstrate an adherence to schedules for delivery of work scopes
- Demonstrate decision making skills within their area of responsibility.
- Accept responsibility for their work scope and activities
Candidates must have full work rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
If you’re an experienced Project Delivery Manager, ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Project Management and Information Technology
Information Technology and Services, Human Resources, and Management Consulting