INMED Partnerships for Children
INMED Caribbean, an affiliate of international humanitarian development NGO INMED Partnerships for Children, is seeking a Project Administrator in Jamaica to provide administrative, bookkeeping/accounting, financial reporting, and procurement support for the activities of INMED Caribbean and its aquaponics project. Read more about the project at https://inmedcaribbean.org.
The consultant will be part of a dynamic and dedicated team of technical, field and headquarters professionals who will be responsible for the successful implementation and outcomes of the Project and for building the local capacity of INMED Caribbean to support additional projects in the future.
Duties & Responsibilities
The specific objectives of the contract are as follows:
- Ensure the efficient administration and operation of the INMED Caribbean office.
- Provide day-to-day administrative support to Project personnel, and handle all administrative requirements of the Project.
- Make all purchases/procurement of office supplies and Project materials, in compliance and conformance with funder and INMED rules and requirements.
- Ensure proper documentation and record-keeping of Project purchases, as required by funders and by INMED HQ.
- Perform receptionist duties, including answering phones, taking/routing messages, greeting guests, and related activities.
- Handle routine inquiries about INMED Caribbean and/or the Project received via mail, phone, email, website and/or in person.
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail, postage, courier and delivery needs for the office/Project.
- Assist with the planning and coordination of meetings, events, workshops, conferences, etc.
- Process accounts payable and ensure the timely payment of bills.
- Ensure that office facilities are properly maintained.
- Liaise with landlord on occupancy-related matters.
- Maintain relationship with banks for routine matters.
- Ensure that IT requirements (equipment, internet access, etc.) of the office and staff are met.
- Other duties as assigned
- Follow proper policies, procedures and protocols for all Project and INMED Caribbean purchases.
- Record all financial transactions of the Project, on a timely basis, into accounting software or systems adopted/provided by INMED Caribbean.
- Maintain proper documentation of all financial transactions and journal entries for INMED Caribbean and the Project.
- Follow and enforce accounting, financial and procurement policies and procedures required by INMED US and Project funders.
- Report financial results vs. budget to local Project Manager, INMED US staff and Project funders by established deadlines.
- Prepare financial reports for INMED Caribbean, INMED US, Project staff and funders, government agencies, if/as required.
- Monitor bank activity and balances of INMED Caribbean to ensure adequate cash is available to meet Project spending needs.
- Coordinate and cooperate with external auditors to perform annual independent audit and prepare annual audited financial statements for INMED Caribbean.
- Maintain INMED Caribbean’s annual registration with the Companies Office of Jamaica.
- Maintain INMED Caribbean’s annual registration with the Jamaican Charities Registration Office.
- Complete proper and timely filing of all local tax and/or statutory requirements.
- Ensure that INMED Caribbean is compliant with all Jamaican legal, tax and other regulations.
- Perform any other statutory filings required in Jamaica.
- Interface with local government organizations and agencies, as needed.
Characteristics of the Consultancy
Duration and dates: The Consultancy will cover the remaining project period, through December 31, 2021, with potential to extend based upon consultancy performance results and project opportunities.
Venue: The Consultancy will be based in Kingston, Jamaica, working remotely and at the offices of INMED Caribbean as needed.
Travel: Minimal local travel may be required, so Consultant is expected to own or have access to a vehicle.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
Consultant must have:
- A combination of at least a four-year degree in accounting or related field from a reputable college or university and/or up to 6 years of experience providing accounting/bookkeeping and administrative functions for a commercial or governmental enterprise.
- A solid understanding of bookkeeping and of accounting principles generally accepted in the United States (GAAP).
- The ability to work quickly and efficiently in a team environment.
- The willingness and ability to present a positive and professional image of INMED Caribbean and the Project to government officials, Project partners, Project participants, Project funders, press/media and the public.
- Facility with Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other commonly used software.
- Strong interpersonal and strong oral and written communications skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines.
- Experience with efficient and successful planning of meetings, events, workshops and conferences.
- Fluent English (spoken and written).
- Impeccable ethics and integrity.
- Solid references from teachers and/or former employers
- Criminal/credit/financial background check may be required.
Terms and Compensation
The Consultant will be paid a monthly fee commensurate with qualifications and experience. Must submit brief cover letter and resume for consideration.