Programme Assistant (Communications) – Bridgetown
The UN Women MCO Caribbean covers 22 countries and territories in the English and Dutch speaking Caribbean, which are part of the Caribbean Community (CARICOM). Strides towards gender equality in the countries covered by the MCO have resulted in gains for women and girls in the Caribbean, relating primarily to high education rates and increases in employment rates. However critical gaps remain. These gaps are further exploited during hazards like COVID-19 and other environmental hazards and the consequent social and economic impacts. To this end, there remains high and consistent demand for the exercise of UN Women’s integrated mandate across the 22 countries and territories.
Reporting to the Communications Analyst (Barbados), the Programme Assistant works with and provides support to the Representative, the Communications Analysts in the MCO, HQ/Regional communications teams in the development and implementation of effective programmes consistent with UN Women rules and regulations. The PA works in support of the realisation of the Communications and Resource Mobilisation objectives of the MCO. The Programme Assistant contributes to research, financial management, and programme implementation including providing necessary operational, administrative, and programmatic support. The Programme Assistant also works with the programme, operations and projects’ staff as required for smooth programme implementation.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the formulation and management of programmes
- Provide administrative support in the preparation of programme work plans, budgets, and proposals on programme implementation arrangements, including tracking the delivery of funds;
- Provide administrative support to the executing agencies / responsible parties on routine delivery and reporting of programme supported activities and finances;
- Provide administrative support for the audit of programmes/ projects and support implementation of audit recommendations;
- Identify sources and gather and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, speeches and position papers, in collaboration with the Programme team.
- Provide administrative support to the financial management of the Programme Unit
- Create projects in Atlas, prepare budget revisions, revise project awards and status; and determine unutilized funds and the operational and financial close of a project;
- Provide administrative support in monitoring and preparation of budget and the finances of programmes/projects, and in the preparation of FACE forms;
- Prepare non-PO vouchers for development projects;
- Process payment for consultants, as delegated;
- Create requisitions in Atlas for development projects; register good receipts in Atlas.
- Provide administrative support to the Programme Unit
- Undertake all logistical, administrative and financial arrangements for organization for meetings, workshops, events, and missions;
- Make travel arrangements for the Programme Team, including travel requisitions and claims;
- Draft minutes in meetings, as delegated;
- Assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations, in collaboration with the Programme team;
- Organize and coordinate filing of documents; maintain mailing lists.
- Provide administrative support to resource mobilization
- Organize, compile, and process documentation and information from donors, and programme team as inputs to various databases and documents.
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Provide administrative support to the organization of training for the office staff and partners on programme and operations related issues.
Key Performance Indicators
- Timely and accurate administrative and logistical support to events, workshops, and missions;
- Full compliance of administrative activities with UN Women rules, regulations, policies and procedures;
- Timely and accurate tracking of data for MCO/RO management and donor purposes;
- Quality maintenance of internal systems and files;
- Quality and timely support to programme team.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Knowledge of programme management;
- Ability to create, edit and present information in clear and presentable formats;
- Ability to manage data, documents, correspondence and reports information and workflow;
- Good financial and budgeting skills;
- Good IT skills.
Education And Certification
Required Skills and Experience
- Completion of secondary education required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration is an asset.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in administrative or programme management/support;
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages;
- Experience in the use of ATLAS is an asset;
- Experience in supporting a team is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required;
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
- This position is subject to service contract conditions for Barbados.
- All applications must include (as an attachment) the completed UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from http://www.unwomen.org/about-us/employment ; Please group all documents into one (1) single PDF document as the system only allows one document to be uploaded.
In July 2010, the United Nations General Assembly created UN Women, the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. The creation of UN Women came about as part of the UN reform agenda, bringing together resources and mandates for greater impact. It merges and builds on the important work of four previously distinct parts of the UN system (DAW, OSAGI, INSTRAW and UNIFEM), which focused exclusively on gender equality and women’s empowerment.
UN Women is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Refer a Friend Apply Now
Nonprofit Organization Management, Government Administration, and Financial Services
Por favor, para apuntarte a este trabajo visita bb.linkedin.com.