Production Project Manager
Chas Clarkson Christmas & Experiences
Chas Clarkson is the National market leader in creating Experiences such as Christmas, Lunar New Year, Vivid plus many more occasions to help drive foot traffic and Community engagement for our clients in the Commercial Property sector. We are searching for an experienced, organised and enthusiastic Production Project Manager to join our team on a contract basis.
Reporting directly to the Production Director, in a fast paced production team. This is a unique and exciting opportunity. Working with high-end clients nationally, this role offers a great environment, plenty of variety and good prospects. The position is based in the Sydney head office and is a full-time contract role between September & November 2021 (3 months).
If you are successful you will be part of an established company that celebrates over 128 years in service this year. We are an Australian family owned and operated business, we have earned an outstanding reputation for contemporary design, quality production & installation.
Consequently, we have a clientele comprising of Australia’s premier Shopping Centres, Councils, Hotels, Casino’s, and Airports and are currently experiencing a strong growth phase.
Your overall responsibility will be to manage the Production of a select number of key projects and ensure they are delivered beyond our client’s expectations. Each project needs to meet safety and engineering guidelines plus achieve budget and timeline parameters.
A successful track record in a similar position in the event / entertainment / exhibition / construction or other related industry is required.
A trade background in construction/metal fabrication industry is considered advantageous.
This is a contract role however has potential to transform into a full-time opportunity.
- Work closely with the Creative Department to bring concepts to life.
- Ensure the correct translation of the creative concept to the manufacturer.
- Communicate with suppliers and conduct factory visits when possible.
- Generate prototypes from renders with minimal working drawings.
- Maintain and update Production schedule for approved projects.
- Work in conjunction with our Purchasing and Logistics department to ensure on time delivery
- Source and engage a pool of contract production houses to facilitate manufacture in Australia
- Quality control and ensure Production meets Australian and Chas Clarkson standards.
- A high awareness of WH&S and the engineering process is essential.
- Ensure projects run within budget & deadlines
- Develop and implement procedures to improve efficiency and quality
Candidate Requirements & Core Competencies to succeed in this role:
- Excellent level of Production experience in the event / entertainment / exhibition / construction industry
- Superior knowledge of construction for temporary and permanent installations in public spaces
- Illumination / Lighting experience
- Proficient in reading working drawings
- A hands-on understanding of how jobs get built / assembled with safety as your number one priority
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- The ability to operate highly autonomously when required, but also functioning as a team player sharing information and accepting input Team player with the ability to lead, motivate and inspire
- Leadership qualities – Confidence in leading teams throughout the various stages of your projects
- Have worked closely with logistics to understand and achieve timelines
- Highly organised with excellent planning plus finance & administration skills
- Sound level of IT literacy
- Quick learner and a capacity for a large amount of detail
- Well-developed interpersonal skills allied to the ability to form quality business relationships and relate well at all levels.
- Flexible with regards to work hours during our peak season (October – January)