Product Development Technical Leader
Here at Mars Petcare Australia, we have a great opportunity for a Product Development Technical Leader to join the Research & Development team based at our Wodonga Pet Nutrition manufacturing site in a 12-month contract capacity.
This critical role will deliver the R&D Deployment and local Development of all Wet Products for the Asia Pacific ANZ Petcare businesses.
You will coordinate within the wet team, across all aspects of the Product Lifecycle, with Product Performance, Raw Materials, Formulation, Pack and Process expertise to contribute to the delivery of R&D deployment & local developments of all wet products.
This highly collaborative role will work across the category and industry borders, and will network globally with Mars product, process and packaging technology partners (GIC’s), Marketing, Engineering, Industrial Engineering and Commercial.
You will also coordinate with equivalent counterpart(s) in Asia to ensure a focused approach is upheld and standardized deployment of technologies is achieved within the region.
What would be your key responsibilities?
- Technical development of the Asia Pacific One R&D Vision, with specific responsibility for wet Technology R&D activity in ANZ based factories
- Develop and deploy the R&D Products that support APAC market innovation programs, Quality Efficiency & Sustainability programs, and the Supply technology roadmap
- Work with cross-functional teams to execute all innovation and renovation initiatives and deliver technical projects from a recipe/ingredients/quality point of view
- Mentor, coach and develop the Wet Product Development team in all things product development
What are we looking for?
- Previous experience in either product formulation or development, manufacturing processes and/or raw material functionality;
- Good technical understanding of ingredients and gelling systems, with an ability to translate the technical into the practical;
- Ability to partner a variety of cross functional and global stakeholders, in order to deliver results;
- Degree in Science, Chemical Engineering, Food Science or Technology (or similar).
What can you expect from Mars?
- Awarded #4 (over 1000 employees category) in the 2020 Best Places to Work study by Great Place to Work Australia;
- Opportunity to make a difference with our volunteer and ambassador programs;
- Genuine focus on your development with access to world class training;
- Work within an environment where pets really are our best friends, with dogs in the office.
What do MARS®, SNICKERS®, PEDIGREE®, WHISKAS®, DOLMIO®, MASTERFOODS ® and ROYAL CANIN® have in common? They’re all made by Mars. We’re a family-owned, principle led business that’s been making products for people (and the pets that people love) for more than 100 years. For more information visit careers.mars.com
Mars Australia & New Zealand is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. As we prefer to manage all sourcing directly, introductions via agency will not be accepted.
COVID-19: The health & safety of our Associates, candidates and our community are very important to us. Therefore, we will be completing all of our recruitment processes via digital channels for the near future. If you require any assistance or alternatives, please contact us directly.
Product Management, Manufacturing, and Engineering
Consumer Goods and Consumer Services