Product Design (UI/UX) Internship, Summer 2021/2022 (Sydney)
As an intern you will collaborate closely with Senior Product Designers to gain practical product design experience. You will determine and advocate for user needs, make design decisions, and balance those with business objectives and engineering trade-offs, to create user experiences that will make an impact in our data visualisation product, MongoDB Charts.
This program is open to students with Australian or New Zealand citizenship or Australian Permanent Residency expecting to graduate, or complete their studies, in the next 12-24 months. The internship will be full-time and last 10 weeks from early December 2021 to early February 2022.
Who We Are Looking For
- You are in the process of completing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, or certificate, in Design, Information Technology, Human Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, User Experience Design, Digital Media Design, or currently studying related fields
- You are interested in prototyping, designing, testing, implementing, and evaluating user experiences for web based applications
- You are familiar with usability heuristics and best practices in UX Design and Visual Design
- You have experience with prototyping and are able to create process diagrams and low fidelity wireframes
- You have experience with UI design and are able to create high fidelity mockups and component specifications
- You are beginning to learn the different research methods to test assumptions and validate design decisions
- You have a portfolio of work, or projects, that highlights your design deliverables, design process, role on the project, and includes case studies of research.
What you will get from an internship with MongoDB Australia
- You will define user needs and create design deliverables that lead to positive product experiences for MongoDB customers
- You will develop an understanding of MongoDB Charts users through established user research, competitive analysis, common behavior patterns, and advocate for user needs
- You will collaborate with designers, product managers, engineers and stakeholders to discover, define, design and develop user experiences for MongoDB Charts, and partner with the MongoDB Charts team and Design Systems team to develop and implement your work
- You will gain valuable work experience designing features for a software product while embedded in a software engineering team
As part of your application, please provide a cover letter letting us know about your studies and why you think you’d be a great fit for the internship, along with your resume and link to your design portfolio. We will review your application and we will contact you if we think you might be a good fit.
Learn more about the Sydney internship program and the MongoDB Australia office.
At MongoDB, we value inclusiveness, diversity, collaboration and intellectual honesty. Learn more about our company culture and values. MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter. MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.
Design, Art/Creative, and Information Technology
Information Technology and Services, Computer Software, and Internet