Process Safety Engineer
How can you grow with Nufarm?
We’re looking for a collaborative and engaging Process Safety Engineer to join our Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) team based in Laverton North, reporting to the Process Safety Manager. Within this exciting role you will be engaging regularly with internal and external stakeholders to drive safety and coordinate our sites safety management systems.
Working within our Major Hazard facility at Pipe Road you will have the opportunity to influence, inspire and motivate our employees and contractors as well as grow your career with us at Nufarm. We’re committed to building a flexible and inclusive environment and are open to flexible working arrangements for this role.
What will you be doing?
- Provide technical support to the Process Safety Manager to ensure that the relevant Safety Case update project meets the content requirements
- Engage with stakeholders on their inputs to manage Safety Case documentation to Worksafe
- Ensure the site’s is operating in compliance with internal PSM policies and safety standards, and the relevant OHS and MHF regulations
- Provide risk assessment through the use of risk analysis techniques and tools
- Supervise the application of Process Safety elements as per project development stages
- Provide technical support to the various site departments on process safety improvement.
- Maintain the sites Emergency Response Procedure and work closely with our production managers to ensure our team are trained and equipped to respond.
- Coordinate and facilitate our site Hazops.
- Administer the site MOC database
What do you bring?
Ideally you will be a tertiary qualified chemical engineer with experience in the process safety field who brings demonstrated experience operating at a complex, manufacturing facilities and MHF environments. You bring an in-depth understanding of OHS, Hazardous Substances, Dangerous Goods, Emergency Response & Management, Incident Investigations, and technical Risk Management.
You will have substantial experience working with Management Systems and a certification as a PSM engineer with iChemE would be highly desirable but not essential.
Proactive and results driven, you’re a natural communicator who brings the ability to guide and influence a diverse group of stakeholders. You’re a proven environmental and safety leader who is passionate about driving a zero-harm safety culture.
If you want to be a part of a thriving, supportive environment and are inspired by the prospect of being a part of something bigger, we’d love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment decisions are decided based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We are committed to building an inclusive environment for all Nufarm employees.
Chemicals, Machinery, and Mechanical or Industrial Engineering