Principal Software Engineer (FinOps), Trilogy (Remote) – $400,000/year USD
Crossover for Work
You’re a developer who has watched your peers’ earnings skyrocket by specializing in roles that combine finance with technology. While there are few openings for quantitative traders and even fewer that support work from anywhere, there’s a new field of FinOps that is exploding and is focused on shaving millions of dollars in spending from companies’ growing cloud-computing bills.
In this role, you will be designing solutions that create systematic ways to significantly cut cloud costs for Fortune 500 companies, while becoming an expert on cutting-edge AWS technologies and making important technical decisions every day.
Most of the companies doing this work operate by bill hacking and focusing solely on the billing and cloud watch metrics, but we do things differently. Cost matters, but the quality of our products comes first. You will leverage your technical expertise to identify deep cost optimization opportunities while considering the impact of these decisions on our products.
What You Will Be Doing
You’ll develop deep AWS expertise and focus on the financial cost of applications, making important technical decisions that significantly reduce TCO. Your cost optimization decisions will be assessed on:
- Impact: We are only interested in decisions that reduce cost by at least 20%
- Technical considerations: We aren’t interested in decisions that will harm our products
- Risks: The decision must be feasible and consider implementation risks
What You Won’t Be Doing
- Vendor management or contract negotiations
- Providing day-to-day direction to an engineering team
- Directly managing people
Principal Software Engineer (FinOps) Key Responsibilities
- Make clear, simple, and technically superior design decisions that significantly reduce costs across categories of cloud products (such as storage, compute or data transfer)
- Deliver data-driven decisions that are rooted in technical depth
- Produce detailed written specifications that will put your insights into action
- At least 7 years of experience making important architecture and design decisions on software projects, such as the application of architecture design patterns or significant open source technologies
- Experience making important cloud cost decisions at a company with an annual cloud spend of at least USD 1 million
- At least 2 years of experience shipping production-quality code
- At least 2 years of experience as the decision-maker for the use of cloud-based services such as Amazon Web Services, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- Great analytical skills and sound financial acumen
Hundreds of software businesses run on the Trilogy Business Platform. For three decades, Trilogy has been known for 3 things: Relentlessly seeking top talent, Innovating new technology, and incubating new businesses. Our technological innovation is spearheaded by a passion for simple customer-facing designs. Our incubation of new businesses ranges from entirely new moon-shot ideas to rearchitecting existing projects for today’s modern cloud-based stack. Trilogy is a place where you can be surrounded with great people, be proud of doing great work, and grow your career by leaps and bounds.
There is so much to cover for this exciting role, and space here is limited. Hit the Apply button if you found this interesting and want to learn more. We look forward to meeting you!
What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
Important! If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form – by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just reset your password by visiting https://www.crossover.com/auth/reset-password if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-4572-CM-Yaounde-PrincipalSoftw.005
emploi,emploi cameroun,emploi définition,emploi quebec,emploi international
To see more jobs in Cameroon please visit Jobs in Cameroon.