Principal Software Engineer
Job Family : Information Technology/Software Development
Sabre Corporation is a leading technology provider to the global travel and tourism industry. Headquartered in Southlake, Texas, USA, Sabre operates offices in approximately 60 countries around the world. At Sabre, we make travel happen. Positioned at the center of the business of travel, our platform connects people with experiences that matter in their lives. Today, Sabre is creating a new marketplace for personalized travel. It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs or our airline, hotel and travel agency customers. Join our journey!
A engineering leadership position for the Customer Touchpoints APIs and Storefront (CTAS) organization with focus on Digital Connect (DC) Products/Systems. The position offers a unique opportunity to lead MVD-based software development teams for an evolving E-Commerce and Platform suite of Products/Systems which power the world’s leading airlines and agencies, and convergence thereof.
This candidate will collaborate with other Digital Connect Product Leadership to lead and grow the Digital Connect team in MVD to build and support a highly complex and challenging product. In this position, the Principal Software Engineering is required to possess broad and practical experience in software development and support for large scale systems, specializing in building strong and highly skilled teams, partnering with customer facing teams to align with the “voice of the customer” and collaborating with product leadership in support of product strategy, planning and developing new software with successful execution and high quality.
Digital Connect (DC) is one of the more strategically important products for Travel Solutions (TS); DC APIs enables Sabre Airline customers to have full control and ownership of their UI by giving the Airline direct access to Sabre’s robust end-to-end retailing capabilities and Airlines to differentiate their brand in their online storefront and omni-channel touchpoints experiences.
- Architect, design and develop major features and components of our platform; own the design and implementation phases
- Working with a team of talented leads and engineers to develop and enhance
- Ensure our development and practices adhere to the industry best standards in terms of architecture, design quality, code quality, automation, security and all other aspects of engineering
- By driving a quality-first approach, ensure the stability of the production and other customer facing environments for near 100% availability
- Mentor teams on technical areas such as best coding practices, architecture/design reviews, code reviews, security practices, automation and so on
- Provide consistent application architectural direction to development staff and coordinating with all other groups involved with product development
- Analyze the impact of new business requirements to the systems and to the application architecture and make recommendations to developers on how best to implement the requirements
- Determines overall architectural principles, frameworks, and standards
- Work closely with Product and Portfolio Architect to propose hardware and operating system platforms, communication protocols, middleware, interfaces, and algorithms as necessary
- Drive research, case studies, and prototypes on leading edge technologies and how they can be leveraged; model systems resource consumption for new products and changes to existing products for use by capacity planning
- Evaluate and propose ideas that will improve the performance, maintainability, operability, or reliability of the system
- Analyze, diagnose, and identify solutions to system problems; participates in architectural reviews as required.
- 11+ years of progressive SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle) with experience spanning facets of Architecture, Design, Solutioning, Development, Quality, Operations, Support with emphasis on progressively lead larger software development
- Proven leadership ability to direct multiple projects simultaneously and get the job done – high-quality, on time, on budget
- Crisp and clear communication skills – written and verbal, with the ability to interact with multiple stakeholders (business, technical, non-technical, customer) at varied levels
- Degree in related field preferred.
Technical Requirements :
Working knowledge (from a technical leader perspective), spanning many of the following areas, as a means to effectively manage the day-to-day workings of the Development Teams :
- Compliance, GDPR, Data security and Disaster recovery
- SaaS, PaaS, IaaS and cloud migration strategy
- SOAP, REST, RESTful, JSON-RPC, JMS, SOA/EDA and Microservices Architecture, client-server and
- distributed systems, Mulesoft, API-First Service Frameworks
- Knowledge of Java, J2EE, Spring, Spring Boot, RDBMS, NoSQL, OOAD
- Knowledge and experience on MuleSoft
- Exposure to Migrate the MuleSoft API’s to Spring Boot
- Exposure to Design Patterns, Software Architecture best practices, and Agile SDLC, build & deployment tools and CI/CD practices
- CI/CD deployment pipelines, in Datacenters, AWS, GCP, using NGP
- MVC, Spring IOC, SOA and other similar design patterns/principles, with understanding API-First design and microservices architecture design paradigms
- Development in complex multi-datacenter / cloud / hybrid infrastructure environments
- Ability to provide/understand technical system solutions, determine/implement overall design direction, observe, and provide recommendations to solve for complex technical issues proactively and in the moment
- Experience planning and developing support processes and adhering to best practices
- Quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of legacy and newer technologies
- Quickly learn new technologies.
Please make sure your resume is in English.
We will give careful consideration to your application and review your details against the position criteria. You will receive separate notification as we progress your application. Please note that only candidates who meet the minimum requirements will proceed in the selection process. To learn more about the people and culture at Sabre, follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.
This job posting comprises the law No 19691 and its decree No 73/019, which includes the people registered in the National Register of disabled people who have the skills and aptitude for the position described in the present posting.
Stay connected with Sabre Careers
Nivel de antigüedad
Algo de responsabilidad
Tipo de empleo
Ingeniería y Tecnología de la información
Por favor, para solicitar este trabajo visita uy.linkedin.com.