Principal Mobile Engineer
ZS | Medullan
For 15 years, ZS Medullan has assisted healthcare companies with digital transformation. Our work begins with digital strategy and customer research and continues to the development of human centered, commercially viable web, mobile, and multi-channel solutions.
Although we serve clients across the healthcare ecosystem, our work today increasingly focuses on Life Sciences and Pharma, where our consulting and platform businesses partner to build personalized digital solutions for patient support programs, nutrition and chronic disease management, with an increased focus on Software as a Medical Device (SaMD)
At ZS Medullan, you’ll work with smart, fun people from diverse backgrounds to deliver world-class results to some of the largest names in healthcare. You’ll help us build a great company while impacting the lives of people around the world.
The Principal Mobile Engineer will provide technical leadership on projects by leading the design, implementation and promoting best practices for mobile development.
This role will also see you monitoring, mentoring, guiding, and training the engineering team. In addition to leading, you should be able to acquire user requirements, estimate feature completion, contribute, and participate throughout the entire system development life cycle.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead and provide training to the engineering team
- Overseeing the technical aspects of a project or application
- Creating technical design documents for a product, feature, or application
- Coding and debugging custom built applications
- Upgrading and maintaining existing applications
- Participate in research on emerging of trending technologies to make recommendations that can help to optimize an application or improve productivity
- Participate in meetings to brainstorm ideas and propose solutions to issues
- Automate deployment processes for various environments
- Liaise with the technical architect and project manager to examine and suggest appropriate technical solutions to achieve the project goal
- Liaise with the product owner to define technical specifications for features and solutions
- Liaise with design team to provide recommendations on the design and the user experience implementation
Qualification and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering/computer science or related field
- 5+ years of mobile development experience
- Minimum 3+ years experience in android application development
- Minimum 3+ years experience in developing customer-focused mobile applications using Swift and/or Kotlin
- Strong working experience with version control (Git/Gitlab) and branching strategies
- The ability to collaborate in a team environment, and be able to adapt effectively and quickly to changing environments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Experience working in Agile Software Development Methodology ecosystem
Computer Software and Information Technology and Services