Principal Engineer, Trilogy (Remote) – $800,000/year USD
Crossover for Work
Are you the best software architect in your company? Can you identify patterns in complex systems and see ways to make them 10x simpler? Do you enjoy designing software that maximizes the use of existing code? Do you wish you could expand your technical career without requiring more time on HR or project management? If so, you’ll love our approach of driving the direction of products starting with the core technology.
In this role, you will join a passionate and experienced team responsible for all of the important technical decisions on every product in our extensive portfolio of enterprise software solutions. You’ll spend your time making strategic technical design decisions, such as:
- What are the core data structures used by the app? Why were they chosen? How are they mapped or applied to the domain of the problem? What were the tradeoffs or alternatives?
- What is the rationale behind critical technical dependencies or limitations this product has? Are there new and creative ways to overcome them?
- Can the product be broken down logically into smaller, more manageable components?
What You Will Be Doing
Each week you will have a different design problem to work on and technical specs to create. You will work on a wide variety of products with distinct tech stacks and business domains, providing continuous learning opportunities.
- Analyzing data structures, code, and design documents
- Making important design decisions that specify how to re-architect products in a cloud-first way on platforms like AWS and GCP
- Developing successful long-term technical strategies for complex products or larger product lines
- Implementing small prototypes that help you learn and strengthen your decisions
What You Won’t Be Doing
- Making technical decisions based primarily on saving money. You will design the best solution for the problem in the simplest way possible with maximum leverage of existing assets.
- Participating in daily scrum meetings or providing day-to-day direction to an engineering team
- Performing code reviews, debugging, or investigating bugs and outages
Principal Engineer Key Responsibilities
- Make clear, simple, and technically superior design decisions
- Apply an exceptionally high-quality bar to the core technical design decisions – data structures, algorithms, architectural patterns, and the leverage of third-party implementations
- Utilize other architects as force-multipliers, mentoring them by providing high-quality feedback on their work
- Synthesize your decisions and designs into clear and structured written specs
- At least 2 years of experience writing production-quality code
- At least 15 years of experience making important architecture and design decisions on software projects, such as the application of architecture design patterns or significant open source technologies
- At least 2 years of experience as the decision-maker for design decisions involving the use of cloud computing services
- Experience working as a senior technical leader whose technical design decisions measurably influenced a software development organization of at least 150 people
- Ability to simplify complex ideas and communicate them with clear, logical thinking
- A university degree that includes the study of data structures and algorithms
- Experience redesigning existing products on top of serverless cloud services
Hundreds of software businesses run on the Trilogy Business Platform. For three decades, Trilogy has been known for 3 things: Relentlessly seeking top talent, Innovating new technology, and incubating new businesses. Our technological innovation is spearheaded by a passion for simple customer-facing designs. Our incubation of new businesses ranges from entirely new moon-shot ideas to rearchitecting existing projects for today’s modern cloud-based stack. Trilogy is a place where you can be surrounded with great people, be proud of doing great work, and grow your career by leaps and bounds.
There is so much to cover for this exciting role, and space here is limited. Hit the Apply button if you found this interesting and want to learn more. We look forward to meeting you!
What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
- You will be paired up with one of our recruiting specialists who can answer questions you might have about the process, role, or company, and help you get to the final interview step.
Important! If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form – by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just reset your password by visiting https://www.crossover.com/auth/reset-password if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-3686-CM-Yaounde-PrincipalEngin.007
emploi,emploi cameroun,emploi définition,emploi quebec,emploi international
To see more jobs in Cameroon please visit Jobs in Cameroon.