Payroll Officer (12 month contract)
The heart of our business is our people and we are proud of a culture that fosters teamwork, nurtures talent, encourages individuality and embraces diversity.
- Modern office- coffee machines, large kitchen areas, food vending machines
- Close to public transport (500m from Flinders Street Station)
- Competitive salary package
- Paid maternity leave
As Payroll Officer, you will be required to process payroll on a weekly basis of allocated business units in accordance with the legislative requirements and company policy in a timely and accurate manner and, attend to all associated functions to meet the company’s financial and legal obligations.
- Processing of payroll consistent with HR requirements
- Ensure that all employees are paid in accordance with the terms and conditions of the relevant award or individual employment contract and legislative requirements
- Administer employee/employer deductions, contributions and benefits including industry and company superannuation
- Ongoing updates and maintenance of Employee records
- Responding and resolving all Payroll related queries
- Interpreting the General Retail Award and employment conditions
- Ensuring that all payroll components are costed to the relevant general ledger accounts and reconciled
- Required to maintain effective internal and external customers/user relationships within own area of responsibility and may act as the first point of contact of internal/external customers.
- Comprehensive understanding of modern Awards
- Knowledge of general payroll practices, and legislation
- Deadline Focused
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a broader team
- Strong communication skills
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft word and Excel. It is considered an advantage to have experience with ADP Payforce and T2W products
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity with us, please click apply and upload your CV. All applications are strictly confidential.
JB Hi-Fi recognises the importance of diversity, and appreciates the ways in which different perspectives encourage innovation.
Finance and Accounting/Auditing