Oracle Cloud Functional Consultant
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
About the Opportunity
You will help Australian businesses and governments create value and improve the way they work through the use of leading edge Oracle Cloud Technology. From digitising healthcare, to creating smarter cities and igniting our start-up industry, together we build trust in society and solve important problems.
As part of the opportunity, you’ll have access to professional development and technical upskilling that is all about helping you thrive. You’ll work with inspiring people, join a culture driven to make a difference and develop your skills as you help us to solve important problems. With paid study leave, flexible working and other benefits, you’ll have the freedom to create a career that grows as you do.
What will you create?
Our Digital Transformation Oracle Cloud team empowers our clients to innovate and use Oracle Cloud technology in new ways and ensure that important organisational, business and operational improvements are made effectively. Using your logical thinking, passion in digital technology, and growth mindset, a career with PwC will provide you with the opportunity to focus on the joint business relationship between PwC Oracle Cloud based platforms to bring new and innovative services to some of the largest companies. We help our clients adopt Oracle Cloud to transform Information Technology, scale and streamline operations and create new cloud based businesses through our strong Oracle Alliances. You’ll be at the forefront of helping organisations around the globe adopt innovative technology solutions that optimise business processes or enable scalable technology.
In joining, you’ll be part of Oracle Cloud functional delivery teams that help our clients implement Oracle cloud computing solutions that enable them in solving their most important business problems.
As an Oracle Cloud Configuration Functional Consultant in our Skilled Service Hub, your impact will be seen in our Oracle Alliance team by:
- Understand business requirements and accordingly build configuration specifications
- Collaborate with the broader PwC Oracle Practice team members to review and analyse the quarterly and monthly updates published by Oracle and provide clear and concise information and advice to our clients
- Provide business and technical support for system design, testing and build activities
- Analyse and remediate system defects
- Recommend system enhancements based on CX value or performance uplift
- Work with QA team to understand acceptance criterion and use cases
- Handle deployment of configuration changes/updates
- Work with Functional and Technical Leads and to troubleshoot deployment failures in a timely manner
- Understanding of cloud best practices and are capable of deploying services within and across the various platforms.
- Demonstrating experience in the delivery of technical configuration of business needs.
- Working with a globally connected modern and agile team to tailor outcomes that address our clients’ requirements
You’re in your final year of uni, recently graduated or completed a relevant TAFE certificate/diploma in Computer Sciences, Engineering, IT, an edge-technology field, Business Information Systems, or business-technology field. Passionate about technology, you have an interest in developing technical solutions to defined problems and keep at the forefront of all things tech. More importantly, you’re keen and willing to learn to succeed in your role.
You understand the basic concept of cloud computing, and you understand how data is integrated using APIs/interfaces. You would also ideally be familiar with the basic concepts of the software development lifecycle and Agile methodologies.
Passionate about being at the forefront of change, you wish to constantly strive to maintain your understanding of the latest developments in Oracle Cloud based technology to enable our firm to deliver meaningful value to clients.
You are collaborative and enjoy working in an innovative environment. You are a problem solver by nature and want to join a firm that values the kind of people who reimagine the possible for their clients and stakeholders. Most importantly, you act with integrity and show care for the people you work with.
* Note: Although the use of Information Technology will play an integral part in delivering this role, candidates from non-IT, Finance/Business backgrounds with an interest in utilising Information Technology to solve Business Problems will be just as suitable for this role as those with a background in IT.
Life at PwC
Our culture and benefits are something we’re proud of, and also the reason we’ve been named LinkedIn’s #1 Australian workplace. With PwC, you’ll belong to an inclusive community where differences are both embraced and the underlying driver in everything we create together.
We empower you with the technology, coaching, flexibility and trust needed to make a meaningful difference, while supporting you in bringing your whole self to work each day. We’re committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce because we know it’s only by working together that we can realise the potential of our people, clients and society around us.
We are living this commitment through initiatives including our Reconciliation Action Plan to increase Indigenous employment and employee-led diversity networks promoting cultural, disability, LGBTI and gender equality. At our core we’re a people business, which means you’ll be supported not just in your professional development but your personal growth as well.
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Job Posting End Date
September 1, 2021
Project Management, Strategy/Planning, and Consulting
Information Technology and Services, Computer Software, and Financial Services