Operations Manager I (They/She/He)
At Glovo, you’ll have the job of your life while working together towards our shared vision to give everyone easy access to anything in their city. We welcome top performers that will bring new ideas, diverse perspectives, and provide you the opportunities and freedom to grow and make a real impact on millions of lives… all while having fun!
We believe that diversity adds incredible value to our teams, our products, and our culture. We know that the best ideas and solutions come by bringing together people from all over the world and by fostering a culture of inclusion where everyone feels heard and has the chance to make a real impact. It’s because of this that we are committed to providing equal opportunities to talent from all backgrounds.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example: she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Your Work-life Opportunity
We are looking for an Operations Manager, who will be in charge of improving and optimizing the supply operations processes across all the Glovo cities in Uganda.
This role will require a mix of operations, stakeholder management, analytical skills, and creativity to tackle different challenges. The couriers, Glovers for us, are a key player in Glovo’s marketplace and you will need to ensure the fleets long-term sustainability, as well as its healthy contribution to the operational performance and user experience in Uganda.
Be a Part Of a Team Where You Will
- Give you the trust and support to grow, develop, and make a difference while encouraging you to bring your unique perspective to the table
- Collaborate together and learn from each other
- Being part of the Supply Excellence Team, support the ops team with scalable processes that leverage data and directly impact their KPIs.
- Continuously enable local supply operations team with analysis and dashboards to give visibility on the performance of the main operational KPIs.
- Work closely with all the verticals from the Operations team (Supply Growth, Special Projects) to plan, execute, and monitor projects related to operations and the Glovers (couriers) contribution to the user experience.
- Maintenance and analysis of business reports and information to aid in the basic decision-making process of supply chain operational needs, including daily, weekly and monthly reports indicating full operational status concerning to the flow
- Think out of the box to bring new ideas of process improvements that will be game changer to ensure the best user experience related to Glovers (couriers).
- Drive projects to improve the quality of KPIs such as Delivery Time and Cancellations as well as work on an ongoing accuracy of our courier forecast.
- Analyze daily and weekly operation metrics with a macro view of the long-term success of the city, having a complete understanding of the local supply situation at all times.
- An empathetic, inclusive and curious attitude
- A passion to make a positive impact on the life of millions of people through technology
- 2-5 (max) years of experience in high demanding positions (operations, technology, consulting, investment banking, etc.).
- Experience in startups, technological platforms, or the on-demand industry preferred.
- Deep understanding of the user experience and operational levers to improve it.
- Results oriented, analytical mindset to re-think our processes is a must.
- SQL skills are not required but valued.
- Excellent communication, the ability to engage internal and external stakeholders.
- Combine a day by day and tactic management with a strategic and long term view.
- Professional in English.
We are always looking for the best candidates, so if you think you would be a good fit even if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements we would love to hear from you!
Experience Our Glovo Life Benefits
- Enticing equity plan
- Top-notch private health insurance
- Monthly Glovo credit to spend on our restaurant products and zero delivery fee on all Glovo orders!
- Flexible time off (take the time you need) and hybrid working model (own your time)
- Enhanced parental leave including nursery support!
- Online therapy and wellbeing benefit
- External learning budget
What You’ll Find When Working At Glovo
- Gas: We work with energy, innovation and passion for what we do. We are committed.
- Care: We act in the best interest of a sustainable future.
- Good vibes: We always see the positive side in every situation and act with fairness and honesty with everyone regardless of gender, sexual orientation, religion, and abilities.
- Stay Humble: We embrace mistakes and feedback to learn from them.
- Glownership: We roll up our sleeves and get work done no matter our position and level.
If you believe you match these values, we look forward to meeting you!
Wanna take a peek into what it’s like to work at Glovo? Follow us on Instagram and like us on Facebook!
Glovo is transforming the way consumers access local goods, enabling anyone to get almost any product delivered in minutes. Our on-demand logistics connect customers with independent local couriers who acquire goods from any restaurant or store in a city, as well as deliver urgent packages for a variable fee. For additional information on Glovo, please visit https://about.glovoapp.com/
Management and Manufacturing
Internet, Human Resources, and Retail