Nursery Production Management
Pinnacle Foods & Hospitality Group
The ideal candidate will own the entire seedling production nursery process. They will strategize with other internal teams to ensure operational excellence. The will also run quality assessment to ensure customer satisfaction.
To ensure success as a nursery producer, you should have in-depth knowledge of horticulture, excellent managerial skills, and a passion for customer service. You should be able to maintain a healthy nursery ecosystem and ensure the success of the business. For those with less than ten years working experience you will join the position to serve as an intern earning 2.5k per mo for 12 months before signing on a contract of employment renewable yearly.
NURSERY PRODUCER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and evaluate entire production process
- Contribute to production planning and budgeting
- Lead and monitor quality assessments to ensure customer satisfaction
- Maintain a safe production environment
- Opening the nursery in the morning and closing at the end of the business day.
- Creating staff work rosters and delegating duties.
- Ordering nursery stock including soil, stones, fertilizers, shrubs, plants, and trees.
- Growing plants, trees, and shrubs to use as stock.
- Monitoring watering times, soil conditions, and plant positions.
- Monitoring weather conditions and paying special attention to hot or cold temperatures.
- Creating attractive garden and plant displays.
- Responding to customer requests and assisting the nursery staff.
NURSERY PRODUCER REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in agricultural studies, horticulture, or a similar field.
- 3+ Years’ experience working as a nursery manager.
- Excellent communication and managerial skills.
- Professional and friendly demeanor.
- Detailed knowledge of plant production, soil, fertilizers, and growing techniques.
- Experience with hiring and training staff.
- Ability to create work rosters and delegate duties.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a passion for customer service.
- Responsible and punctual.
- Familiarity with POS and stock ordering software systems.
- Strong organizational and managerial skills
Mogoditshane, Kweneng, Botswana