The Job Connect
Are you service oriented with a knack for problem-solving and being organized? Can you take initiative and work with minimal supervision? Our client is recruiting to fill the role of Night Auditor. If you possess these important characteristics, we want to hear from you!
Reports to Financial Controller
- Conducts review of all transactions of front office, restaurant, and other outlets to ensure accuracy and takes appropriate action to resolve discrepancies found.
- Reconciles credit card payments.
- Audits & posts any outstanding charges not posted by the receptionist.
- Performs front desk duties, including late check-ins, early departures and managing switchboard.
- Conducts daily tracking of room revenue, occupancy percentages and front office statistics.
- Prepares and compiles daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Verifies room rates against allocation sheet total.
- Performs duties in alignment and adherence to all health and safety procedures and protocols.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & CHARACTERISTICS:
- Experience working in the hospitality industry is an asset.
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Time conscious with strong commitment to honoring agreements.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (weekends, holidays, overtime).
- Accountable with ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Great attention to detail with ability to perform job tasks with speed and accuracy.
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability adapt to various personality types.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- An Associate Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel or Hospitality Management, Tourism and Travel, Accounting, Business Administration, or related discipline.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a similar role. Previous experience gained within the Tourism and Hospitality Industry, or related service sectors is preferred.