Network Reliability Engineer
While the biggest multiplayer games in the world already use Subspace to create the most competitive and engaging online experiences, we are taking Subspace to even more industries, helping them create the best possible real-time experiences for voice, video, and in-network applications.
As a company, we’re hyper-focused on making the internet of tomorrow a reality today. We are backed by top Silicon Valley VCs (Lux Capital, Telstra, 01 Advisors) and run by former executives from tech companies including Riot Games, King, and Avaya. We are hiring people who help us raise the bar, add to our culture, and bring positivity, enthusiasm, and pride to what we are building. Our team members exhibit curiosity, are proactive by nature, genuinely enjoy complex challenges, and share a keen sense of urgency. At Subspace, every millisecond counts.
We’re looking for a Network Reliability Engineer to join our networking team and help design, operate, optimize and orchestrate the next phase of our global infrastructure. You’ll collaborate with our R&D, product engineering, software engineering, and data center operations to develop and deploy scalable, fault-tolerant network topologies. We are committed to continuous improvement and innovation, so you’ll be encouraged to get creative as you solve complex problems related to traffic engineering, instrumentation, automation, and telemetry. We are looking for engineers with a “DevOps” mind, solving problems with code and tools, not manual actions.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Be a key member of the team that is responsible for designing, supporting and architecting our backbone network, datacenter, and edge POP locations.
- Define our internal and external routing policies & traffic engineering
- Conduct network performance tuning and execute complex network-related projects and deployments
- Propose and collaboratively define network and backend software requirements
- Join culture with innovation at its core… this is essential to our competitive growth and overall success
- Deliver solutions in a complex environment while collaborating seamlessly with our innovative teams
- Thrive and contribute to our continuous improvement when it comes to Lean-Agile principles and methods
What You Bring To The Table
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of deep technical knowledge gained deploying and managing extensive global networks
- Strong Linux networking and routing fundamentals
- Experience running / managing infrastructure with code using tools like Ansible, Salt, Chef or Puppet.
- Experience with configuring, operating, and troubleshooting protocols like: OSPF, ISIS, BGP
- Experience with common protocols and concepts like: TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, IPv6, Anycast routing
- Hands-on experience with global internet routing, peering/transit relationships, traffic engineering, and troubleshooting
- Experience with flow records, packet captures, and collating information from various sources and tools
- Be strategic around planning, documenting, testing, and deploying new, production network features
- Be a self-starter who can work with minimal supervision
- Some experience of writing / maintaining scripts and tools related to network management Bonus points for Go / Python experience
Subspace’s mission is to build a momentous software-defined network and make it universally available and impactful. Our goal is to serve the globe, which requires a team that is representative of the world that we serve. As a company we embrace an accelerated approach to diversity and inclusion, and support and encourage our employees to be comfortable bringing their full, authentic selves to work. We believe in fostering an environment where diverse perspectives thrive; this core value is a pillar of our business and is critical to our success.
Engineering and Information Technology
Computer Software, Computer Networking, and Computer Games