Multi-Cloud Strategist – Opportunity for Working Remotely
VMware is committed to being a force for good, from its breakthrough innovations to its global impact. Our team of 35,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
Job Role And Responsibilities
The Multi-Cloud Strategy team are seasoned cloud specialists that drive multi-cloud solutions and adoption for VMware’s most strategic customers and cloud provider partners. Engagements can include one or more of VMware’s five key solution pillars (i.e., hybrid and multi-cloud, networking, security, workspace, and modern apps). These solutions can be deployed across one or more cloud end points including VMware clouds, hyperscale public clouds, partner clouds, and on-premises / edge clouds. In essence, your objective is to increase consumption of VMware based cloud services and to drive strategic product adoption and revenue.
In your role as Multi-Cloud Strategist, you will provide practical advice and thought leadership around multi-cloud strategies, service monetization, cost modeling, building a cloud practice, marketing and sales GTM strategies as well as business case creation. In addition, you will evangelize and amplify your thought leadership by speaking at events and communicating through various social media channels. Both internally and externally, you will work with C-level executives, VPs and Directors, product managers and architects. While your focus is articulating the commercial benefit of VMware multi-cloud solutions, you are comfortable engaging technical audiences as well.
You will guide cross-functional initiatives for high-profile accounts, run executive workshops, represent VMware at executive forums, drive field feedback into product teams, and support various sales teams with industry insights, strategy definition, execution planning, and driving best practices. Working primarily with Asia-Pacific accounts, you preferably are based in Australia (both other remote locations such as Singapore or New Zealand will be considered).
Are you looking for an exciting strategic role which combines the competencies of multi-cloud strategy consulting with ground-breaking technology know-how? If so, apply today.
Advise and Grow Strategic Accounts
- Provide consultancy for both customers and cloud provider partners
- Share expertise in cloud market trends and business opportunities
- Accelerate development of customer and/or partner cloud strategies and execution plans in alignment with VMware’s Any App on Any Cloud on Any Device strategy.
- For customers, provide practical guidance on assessing cloud needs and gaps, developing a multi-cloud strategy, building a cloud center of excellence, working with partners, and helping IT transform into an internal service provider (cross-charge).
- For partners, provide guidance multi-cloud strategies, service monetization, building a cloud practice, marketing and sales GTM strategies as well as business case creation.
- Build business relationship with C-level executives, heads of portfolio, product management, sales, presales and delivery organizations
- Triangulate Product, Architecture, Marketing and Sales efforts to accelerate growth
Develop and Share Thought Leadership
- Self-enable on the latest cloud market trends and technology, including certifications
- Develop unique thought leadership content around multi-cloud strategy and service monetization (presentations, business case models, whitepapers, blogs, videos, etc.)
- Amplify and share market insights and thought leadership content internally and externally through various social media channels
- Speak at industry and partner events about strategy and service monetization
- Closely collaborate with VMware’s marketing, product marketing, technical marketing and product management teams
- 15+ years of IT experience as a cloud portfolio/offering/product manager, practice leader, business development manager and/or cloud architect.
- Authority on the public, private, hybrid and multi-cloud market and technology
- Experience in modern applications and public cloud preferred
- Deep understanding of cloud business models, pricing, and go-to-market strategies
- Deep knowledge of partner value-add services (i.e., professional and managed services)
- Expertise in delivering complex cloud provider solutions, including multi-tenant cloud.
- Very good knowledge of core data center and networking technology and services
- Thorough knowledge of IT-Architecture from infrastructure to applications
- Proficient understanding of VMware technology, competitive solutions and realizable benefits through adoption of VMware solutions
- Proven track record in creating compelling and professional presentations
- Demonstrated proficiency in modeling financial benefits including Return-on-Investment (ROI), Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), and building a Business Case.
- Flexibility to travel 50% of time
- Able to multi-task and perform well in intense conditions
- Business writing skills and strong communication skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships with decision makers including executives, finance, portfolio managers, and technical teams
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Systems Engineering
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-09-02
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Business Development and Sales
Information Technology and Services, Computer Software, and Financial Services