- Role ensures that the laboratory has the equipment and supplies necessary to perform its role and that all mandatory microbiology and sensory sampling plans are met efficiently. Provides detailed food safety advice to other departments as well as plant hygiene. Ensures the advice given is straightforward and practical to help avoid contamination of the facility’s products during production, packaging or transportation. Production of timely, accurate, reliable results and reports, and ensure closure of process none conformances by engaging relevant stake holders. Responsible for the entire yeast management at UBL site for effective Control of fermentation processes in brewing. Taste Panel Management for timely release of product Taster Validations, Taster Maintenance of the technical Panel and participates in Global Micro ring schemes.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Honours degree in Biological Sciences of Microbiology or Food Science or Applied biology
- Should hold IBD qualification, preferably to Diploma level
- Should have at least 2-3 years’ experience working in a microbiology laboratory.
- Ideally, should have experience dealing with the types of beverages produced at the facility (i.e. have a detailed knowledge of Brewing, Spirits and Packaging processes) and be in touch with developments in Brewing Best Practice.
- Comprehensive knowledge of laboratory best practices and drive to improve those practices where necessary
- High-level written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritise, schedule, and organise laboratory tests
- Attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Computer literacy
- Excellent decision-making skills and the ability to identify information that is particularly important to the business
- Ability to notice food safety issues at every stage of the production process
Barriers to Success in Role
- Lack of analytical capability to carry out assigned tasks.
- Lack of communications skills
- Lack of assertiveness and influencing skills in delivery of duties
- Poor attention to detail during process monitoring
- Inability to effectively manage expectations of multiple stakeholders
- Unavailability of consumables
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date
Research, Analyst, and Information Technology
Marketing and Advertising, Consumer Goods, and Retail