Our client a specialist hospital, located in Victoria Island Lagos, provides specialist inpatient medical care to patients across all five major specialities (excluding obstetrics) and seeks a qualified Medical Officer.
The hospital requires post NYSC Medical Officers who will take charge in delivering coordinated, quality out patient and in-patient care with the support of consultants and other health care providers.
- Obtain a detailed medical history from patient including current physical ailments or illness, past medical history, review of systems, family history, habits, and allergies. Conduct a full clinical examination and clear documentation.
- Determines appropriate diagnosis and prescribes treatment plans.
- Issues orders for needed lab work and evaluates lab results.
- Explains diagnosis and treatment plan to patient in order to educate the patient on his illness, its implications, probable outcomes and prevention.
- Prescribes medications or drugs and provides comprehensive instructions administration.
- Requests further medical evaluations as necessary and may make referrals.
- Consults with Consultants regarding relevant cases.
- Prepares adequate documentation of all patients encountered.
- Performs similar or related duties as required or assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- MBBS or an equivalent degree.
- Post NYSC Service.
Salary Range: 180-250k depending on relevant work experience.
Start Date: October, 2021.