MCH Technical Director
Save the Children International
MCH Technical Director
This position will provide strategic direction in the design, management, implementation and monitoring of high quality newborn and child health interventions, working closely with relevant units at all levels of the MOH and with respective partners at national level and within target regions. The MCH Director will represent the project at various newborn and child health national technical working groups and committees, ensure deliverables within these technical areas are implemented according to the set work plan with necessary adjustments as required based on learning and best practices while capturing key lessons learned
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Master’s Degree in Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pediatrics or Public Health
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine or Nursing
- At least 7+ years of progressively increasing responsibility working for successful MCH technical assistance programs
- At least 7+ years of relevant work experience in successful implementation of MNCH programs.
- Previous working relationships within USAID programs and with key multilateral agencies, bilateral donors, academic institutions.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a multi-faceted health development program in collaboration with national MOH personnel and local and international partners
- Familiarity with MNCH programming and policies in Uganda.
- A demonstrated track record in providing mentorship and supervision to strengthen healthcare services; training and use of quality improvement approaches
- Familiarity with evidence-based neonatal and child health interventions and best practices that are the focus of this project.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Experience integrating gender and youth analysis into health projects and services
- Experience in successfully engaging the private sector
- Ability to work independently and also as a team leader/member with diverse team of partners and counterparts.
- Ability to lead and oversee teams.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral, written and presentation).
- Excellent computer skills and experience working with Microsoft Office applications.
- English fluency (verbal and written) required.
- Ability to travel.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://uganda.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Application closes on 17th September 2021 at midnight Uganda time.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent, persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents