In light of an upcoming new project Motheo in Botswana, ADP Kukama are accepting applications for a Materials Controller role.
Reporting to the Construction Manager, The Materials Controller is responsible for processes involved for goods, materials and equipment procured for the project from the date of purchase until hand-over to the site team or allocated site contractor.
Objectives And Responsibilities
- Manage in alignment with the project’s requirements, particularly with regard to quality and schedule.
- Ensure the timeliness and accuracy of the delivery of materials procured (reporting, costs, and schedule) in accordance with the project plans and schedule.
- Receive and maintain material / equipment order and delivery details from the procurement / contracts group, ensuring files and registers are kept up to date at all times.
- Coordinate expediting activities in accordance with the applicable project plans and notify the Project Manager immediately of any delay outside of the materials group control.
- Ensure that appropriate reporting is carried out in a timely and professional manner.
Qualifications & Experience
- A minimum of 5 years direct experience in the purchasing, expediting, transport and logistics disciplines in the engineering or construction industries.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate an ability to work autonomously and collaboratively with colleagues across all business units.
- Build and sustain positive relationships with all stakeholders, including clients, vendors and co-workers.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and commitment.
- Solid technical aptitude, analytical and problem-solving skills.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE COB 12 SEPTEMBER 2021
Management and Manufacturing
Construction, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, and Oil & Energy
Gaborone, South-East, Botswana