Organization: Lancet Laboratories Uganda
Duty Station: Up Country Labs (LIRA, ARUA, GULU & KABALE) Uganda
Reports to: Laboratory Supervisor Technical
About Lancet Laboratories Uganda: Lancet Laboratories Uganda limited is the leading provider of private diagnostic pathology services in Uganda. Incorporated and registered in Uganda since April 2009, it forms part of the Lancet Laboratories East Africa Group based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Lancet Laboratories – The key to diagnostic Excellence! is a multi-super specialty Institute that redefines the standards of excellence in healthcare services and brings together the best of infrastructure, technology, training, education, and medical Lab intelligence. Our unmatched quality standards along with cutting edge technology and medical Lab intelligence enable us to provide personalized tests and services.
Following the remote assessment, Lancet Nakasero Hill and Lancet IHK were both recommended for continuous ISO 15189 accreditation by SANAS in the month of December 2020 confirming that both labs meets the highest international standards of the Lancet Group of Laboratories.
Performs and analyses laboratory sample in order to provide results for medical practitioners to diagnose treat and prevent diseases.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Perform all aspects of routine tests in his/her department
- Ensure the implementation of service levels and quality standards in accordance with standard operating procedures and service level agreements
- Interacts with pathologists on technical matters to provide all relevant data that may pertain to the prevention, diagnosis or treatment of diseases
- Assists the team to ensure a safe working environment in accordance with relevant legislation and all safety protocols. This includes maintenance of on-going maintenance of quality control standards, adherence to infection control measures, correct disposal of bio-hazardous waste and project management (as per delegated responsibilities) of the preparation process for internal and external quality control audits.
- Assists the team to ensure that incidents and results delays are reported by laboratory staff, thereby ensuring compliance with relevant organisational policy and laboratory standard operating procedures.
- Attends in-service training and seminars and participates in continuing professional development (CPD) activities to continuously update knowledge and skills as well as comply with professional registration requirements. This includes ensuring the availability of up to date records that can be presented immediately on request thereof.
- Adheres to professional conduct requirements in line with organisational policy and relevant professional body ethical standards
- Higher Diploma in Medical Lab Technology, degree is an added advantage
- 1-2year relevant experience in the field
- Minimal exposure to Laboratory work
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work in a pressured environment
- Attention to Detail
- Confidentiality / Sensitivity
- Follow up of Incompletes
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Planning and organizing
- Problem solving
- Rule orientation
- Team leader skills
- Personal Integrity
- Emotional Resourcefulness
- Ability to Learn
- Forward Thinking
- Team Player
- Openness to Others
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Results Orientation
- Concern for Excellence
- Flexibility Towards Others
- Service Orientation
How to Apply:
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit their Application, CV with THREE RECOGNIZABLE REFEREES, academic documents and a copy of your national ID in one PDF document via Email: [email protected], clearly indicate the position you are applying for on the subject line. To: Human Resource Manager, Lancet Laboratories Uganda Limited, Pox 36335, Kampala. Or Hand deliver them to Lancet Head Quarters, North Park Plaza, Bweyogerere, Opposite Uganda National Bureau of Standard (UNBS).
Short listed candidates will be required to undergo background checks and assessments.
Closing date: 24th September 2021