Dolphin Encounters Ltd
This individual is expected to oversee the daily management of the Company’s marine fleet and crew, ensuring all relevant and health and safety requirements are met.
- Five to ten years’ management experience in the marine industry
- College degree or maritime training preferred
- Valid captain’s license
- Strong knowledge of boats and related technology
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office skills
- MUST BE VACCINATED
Include but not limited to:
- Create, review and implement policies and procedures relevant to the operation of the department.
- Hire, train, evaluate and assist in the professional skill development for all marine personnel.
- Ensure all captains and vessel licenses and registrations are renewed annually.
- Provide daily boat schedules for staff, movement of guests and supply/shipments to and from Blue Lagoon Island, providing a safe environment.
- Directs activities of boat-repair service, according to knowledge of maintenance needs and marine safety requirements.
- Keep maintenance history and details concerning conditions of all vessels.
- Ensures vessel in operation are safe
- Operate company vessel as a captain if required.
- Generate annual expense budget for vessel repairs and operating needs.
- Ensure staff and guests follow and comply with all safety protocols while on board the vessels.
- Promote commitment to safety and protection of the marine environment.
- Ensure all accidents and incidents are properly investigated and reported.
- Ensure staff are properly trained to respond in emergency situations.