Manager UI UX
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What You’ll Be Doing…
- Owning overall end-to-end user experience across the entire product— from the big picture down to specifics of feature or service flows.
- Helping define product requirements by collaborative brainstorming and high-level prototyping with partner teams.
- Working with the Visual Design department to develop and maintain signature aesthetics, standards and brand integrity.
- Working with User Research department to test features and hypotheses and rapidly integrate feedback into design iterations.
- Communicating with developers, product managers & project managers.
- Developing deep partnerships to set strategy, priorities, and resourcing.
- Ensuring quantifiable business impact via data-driven, informed and people-centric design goals.
- Finding creative solutions to product, technical, organizational and resource challenges.
- Partnering with fellow leaders to build a collaborative design, engineering and product culture.
You’ll Need To Have
What we’re looking for…
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Six or more years of experience in UX and/or relevant field;
- Four or more years of management experience.
Even Better If You Have
- Master’s degree in HCI, Design, or related experience.
- Eight or more years of experience in UX and/or related field.
- Skilled in mentoring and growing teams of 8+ people with a focus on participatory leadership and user-centric design.
- Experience designing for a broad set of form factors and environments including web, desktop and mobile.
- Deep knowledge of front-end web development and mobile development platforms; measurable success in coaching design teams to innovate across platforms.
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating relevant experience.
- Should be able to influence stakeholders globally and be able to thrive in ambiguity.
- Excellent communication skills.
Job Family: PRD
Business Unit: VZBIN
Telecommunications, Information Technology and Services, and Computer & Network Security