Manager – Fund Admin & Corporate Trust
The Manager – Fund Admin & Corporate Trust leads and oversees Trust & Funds Operations / Business Support Unit at Scotia Investments in Jamaica ensuring business strategies, plans and initiatives are executed / delivered in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures
The incumbent is responsible for directing, planning, controlling and monitoring all processes related to the administration and operations of pension and foundation clients according to existing laws, regulations and corporate policies, ensuring information accuracy and compliance. The incumbent is responsible for the formulation and implementation of the ongoing Pension Administration Strategy. S/he is also responsible for maintaining and building on relationships with clients, Trustees, HR Executives and plan members/pensioners, while providing updates and any other information deemed to be relevant.
- Negotiate / approve terms of a broad range of corporate trust, agency, capital market and escrow arrangements under which Scotia Investments Jamaica Limited (SIJL) will assume both contractual and fiduciary obligations, assess the degree of risk associated therewith and make recommendations on acceptability of new business and fees to be charged
- Ensure all legal documentations including credit agreements, security documentation, trust deeds and other contracts and the variety of documents ancillary thereto are reviewed (as required) by legal counsel to assure they are in form that meet and can be administered to meet standards adequate for the protection of SIJL and beneficiaries, lenders, Trustees and investors of the Trusts, agency agreements and other structures
- Monitor compliance with all portfolio agreements by SIJL and clients, ensure that accounts are operated within the approved mandates and that account reviews for all accounts under management are conducted at least annually
- Distilling periodic risk/market information into highlights, ensuring material issues are timely communicated to stakeholders such as management/ALCO/Board
- Represent SIJL on managed portfolio accounts, including dealing with legal counsel and/or senior officers of client companies on a variety of matters, i.e. attendance at trustee meetings, bondholder meetings giving attention to indenture interpretation issues, corporate defaults, fee schedules to ensure operational efficiency and compliance with policy
- Prepare or review all correspondence to the client or its counsel or investors relative to his / her portfolio. Determine, bill and report all fees for special and ancillary services
- Provide oversight and liaise with regulatory authorities to ensure maintenance of good regulatory standing: Ensure full compliance with regulatory requirements
- Making presentation to new and prospective pension clients on the area of Pension Administration and attend and report on activities of the plan at Trustee meetings
- Maintain necessary standards of knowledge and expertise in applicable areas of law, commerce, corporate finance, pension and securities markets as well as internal policies and procedures. Negotiate appropriate SLAs with service providers
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Knowledge of general principles and specific aspects of local law relating to Trusts, Company Law, Securities Regulation, Bankruptcy and Insolvency
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of trust services including, administration of unit trusts, mutual funds, pension funds, trust, capital market structures, settlement, estates, secretarial duties and related statutory and legal requirements
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and ability to handle a number of complex files and provide leadership to subordinates.
- High degree of computer literacy, knowledge of accounting processes, fee structure, reconciliations and support systems (e.g. AS400)
- Thorough and current knowledge of laws, regulations and other regulatory requirements in Jamaica (and other jurisdictions in which the plans are domiciled) applicable to the Pension business
- Ability to evaluate risk, to identify control weaknesses, to recommend actions, contribute to the development of policies and supporting procedures, and to report on non-compliance effectively.
- The incumbent must satisfy all fit & proper requirements of the regulatory bodies that supervise SIJL.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Economics, Financial Engineering, Business or Law
- Investment industry accreditation such as an accounting designation eg ACCA or CPA etc. (or progress towards)
- Licensed Securities Dealer Rep
- Five years working experience in Fund Administration
Kindly put the job title in the subject line when applying.
Your comprehensive resume should be received no later than Thursday, September 16, 2021
Administrative, Management, and Strategy/Planning
Financial Services and Investment Management