Liberty Latin America
S/he is also responsible for the business and consumer brands for BTC with the intent to drive brand and leadership visibility as well as create, secure, expand and build stakeholder support and business opportunities. The incumbent must be well aware of the cutting-edge competition in the market and should have up-to-date information on the ongoing conditions of the market.
What You´ll Do
- Develop and implement communications strategies and messaging that resonate with employees, customers, media and stakeholders to promote the company as well as create and reinforce a positive image of the company
- Manage media relations to sustain and enhance the reputation of the company; developing, cultivating and managing relationships with news agencies (traditional & non-traditional).
- Ensure that messages are consistent with the overall mission, principles, philosophies and culture of the company
- Work closely with the Consumer Commercial and Business teams to develop, establish, and direct strategies and programmes
- Promote the Company’s visibility by helping to identify newsworthy stories and following up with media to increase the possibilities of maximum coverage in all media, radio, television and digital
- Crafts special interest articles, news releases and editorials for the media, draft speeches, briefing documents, fact sheets and position statements
- Develops and maintains relationships with external publics, inclusive of media personnel, regulatory officials and other key interest groups
- Evaluate the media landscape to identify new opportunities to maintain the brand’s position as industry leader and value champion.
- Coordinate companywide participation in local and regional industry conferences, working closely with the Business and Marketing teams to create and execute effective communications activities
- Champion brand guidelines internally and externally ensuring consistency and uniformity.
- Establish and maintain relationships with company leadership and manage the public relations for all consumer promotions and campaigns through all phases of launch and maintenance, including,reporting, analysis and optimization, to get maximum advertising value.
- Develop and manage a companywide speaker’s bureau, positioning executives as thought leaders
- Mobilize crisis communications during a crisis
- Daily monitoring of all brands’ traditional and digital media activities
- Collecting and organizing image, video, and other creative assets that can be used for social content, and catalogued for future use
- Monitor competitor activity
- Any other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, Public Relations, Journalism, or related field or a minimum of 3-years of experience in related field
- Minimum of 3 years’ public relations/communications experience
- Experience in a telecommunications environment would be an asset
Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrable project management and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite, being particularly adept with PowerPoint.
Who We Are
We are the leading telecommunications company, connecting more than 40 markets in Latin America and the Caribbean with our video, broadband internet, telephony, and mobile services under the consumer brands VTR, Flow, Liberty, Más Móvil, BTC, and Cabletica. We started small, and now we’re growing. We’re excited about the future as we strive to unlock opportunities in the region
Why join us
Technology excites us enables us and drives us. We´re proud of the services we provide, the markets that we serve, and our people coming together to enhance our customers´ lives with technology so that they can connect, work, live and play without missing beat. Throughout Liberty Latin America, our passion and pride are brought to life through our shared vision to bring innovation that will create moments that matter to our customers, delivering growth in our markets with one vision, one culture, and one team.
Liberty Latin America provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, and/or local laws.
Marketing, Public Relations, and Writing/Editing
Information Technology and Services, Telecommunications, and Financial Services