Manager, Anti-Money Laundering / Quality Control
Contributes to the overall success of the Quality Control for Scotia Wealth Management (Bahamas and Cayman) ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed/delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Key Accountabilities for this role:
- Develop QC framework and plan (e.g., scope, scale, assessment universe, frequency, controls to test, issue management approach) for first line business controls/processes.
- Develop QC testing procedures and methodology for first line business controls/processes.
- Execute QC per the framework and plan for first line business controls/processes.
- Develop QC reporting for first line business controls/processes.
- Execute QC reporting for first line business controls/processes.
- Execute issue remediation (e.g., feedback, coaching, corrective actions, training, etc.) for first line business controls/processes.
- Track QC issues (e.g., issues lists, status, etc.) for first line business controls/processes.
- Close QC issues for first line business controls/processes.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Contributes to the overall success of the QC Team in Wealth by ensuring that specific goals and deliverables are executed in support of the business strategies and objectives:
- Contribute to Risk Identification on Non-Financial Risks by supporting Risk Owners in proactively identifying risk issues and controls effectiveness. Provide general risk knowledge to support the self assessment processes.
- Review and produce written reports to a consistent high standard of quality within specified timelines.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champions a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vision/ values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
- Cultivates a strong team dynamic that supports employee engagement, respect, recognition, diversity & trust.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution or its equivalent
- Diverse knowledge of life insurance principles, products and operation gained through at least three to five years’ experience within a life insurance company
- Thorough knowledge of the Bahamas & Cayman IT systems, products and all Financial Service Industry Laws & Regulations.
- Possess strong communication and presentation skills (written and oral)
- Possess good supervisory skills, Possess strong coaching and team building skills
- Excellent organizational skills & PC skills – Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint & Project among others
- Customer Focus – Seeking information about the real, underlying needs of both internal and external customers, and taking personal responsibility for matching those needs to available or customized services.
Qualified candidates should submit C.V. via email to: [email protected] on or before September 10th, 2021. Please note that only those individuals short-listed for an interview will be contacted
Finance, General Business, and Quality Assurance
Banking and Financial Services