$1,000 Sign On Bonus
As a Cook, you will prepare and cook large quantities of food according to menus, recipes, and planned residents or guests.
Full or Part time shift available!
- High School diploma (or equivalent) or technical school
- 1-2 years of line cook experience and/or training
- Baking skills are preferred
- Good communication skills are required
- Cook and prepare food for residents, guests, and employees.
- Prepare food according to the planned menu using standard recipes.
- Plate food items following portion guidelines and garnishing instructions.
- Ensure that sufficient food is prepped and/or prepared.
- Communicate with supervisor of shortages or outages.
- Ensure freshness, cooking status, and proper seasoning of all foods served.
- Stock and clean station for next shift.
- Follow proper food rotation policies.
- Each Cook must have knowledge of the resident rights and ensures an atmosphere that allows for privacy, dignity, and well-being of all residents in a safe and secure environment.
- Maintain safety, including universal precautions and safe work practices, established fire/safety/disaster plans, risk management, and security.
- Clean and inspect kitchen appliances and work areas in order to ensure cleanliness and functional operation.
- Present a professional appearance by wearing uniform and name tag.
- Consistently maintains a positive attitude that supports a team environment.
- Promotion of positive public relations with residents, family members, and guests.
Serving is our Business
Connecting Seniors, Families and Communities
StoryPointandIndependence Villagehave over 35 years of experience working and living with seniors creating a deep understanding of their unique needs and desires. It’s this combination of technology, understanding, appreciation, and commitment that sets us apart and makes our culture so special for both our employees and our residents. Everyone in our communities commits to appreciating our residents as individuals who deserve to shine, every day.
Not Just Making Every Day Great. Making Every Minute Great. There are 1,440 minutes in every single day. We aspire to make each one of them an exceptional moment. This philosophy is supported by our 6 powerful, yet simple pillars: Dream Big, Have Courage, Take Initiative, Be Accountable, Give Back & Enjoy it. We strive to fulfill the aspirational yet unattainable goal of creating the absolute best experience with every person, in every interaction, every minute of every day.
It begins with empowering our employees. Every employee, at every level of the company, is expected to perform like a leader. Everyone is encouraged and expected to put the needs of each other above everything else. No one here just “does their job” The mission is to create the absolute best experiences. This emphasis on putting people first has helped us successfully grow for the right reasons.
We have developed an environment that attracts dreamers, adventurers, creators, givers and believers to seek career opportunities with us. We find people who believe that true happiness is only found in the service of others. We want high-performers with diverse skill-sets and big hearts. We treat each other as family and find that close collaboration creates the biggest ideas.
We have comprehensive benefit packages that include health, dental, vision, 401(k), income protection, and extraordinary work-life benefits.
This classification description is intended to indicate the general kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that are required of positions given this title and should not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of the employees under her/his supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Click on glassdoor to see our employee testimonials
Management and Manufacturing
Food & Beverages, Hospital & Health Care, and Hospitality