Life insurance specialist
IOOF Holdings Ltd
- Great team culture and competitive salary package
- Flexible working arrangements available
- Grow your career with a growing organisation
In this role you will be working closely with our Private Wealth Advisers (PWAs) as the subject matter expert on all personal and business insurance matters. As our Risk Specialist, you will also be responsible for coaching and training our PWAs to develop their capabilities in delivering insurance advice to our clients, whilst providing professional and technical support.
Reporting to the National Manager, Risk solutions – some of your responsibilities are:
- Attend client meetings with PWA as an insurance subject matter expert (SME) and consult with clients on their insurance needs as part of their overall financial planning
- Assist our PWAs with the preparation for client meetings through the provision of detailed analysis and modelling
- Assist PWA with research and strategy development as part of formulating risk advice solutions for clients
- Conduct regular training and coaching sessions with PWAs in order to develop capability, insurance product and strategy knowledge, and to make it easier for the PWA to identify and create insurance advice opportunities
- Working closely with our administration support team and provide direction to ensure advice is implemented correctly and completed in a timely manner
- Drive risk business growth and achieve state growth targets aligned with key business drivers
To Be Successful In This Role You Will Possess
- Extensive experience in financial planning
- RG 146 qualification
- Have passed the FASEA exam
- Achieved or working towards achievement of post-graduate financial planning qualifications and compliance in accordance with FASEA requirements
- High level of technical knowledge and skill in personal and business risk strategies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex scenarios in a manner that is engaging and relevant (written and verbal)
- Motivation to complete tasks to the highest standard within deadlines
- Genuinely care about client outcomes and provide quality advice
- An understanding of industry trends, legislative impacts and translate them into business development opportunities
- Previous experience with XPLAN financial planning software preferred
- In return, we offer development opportunities at an ASX top 200 company
- A professional, supportive and friendly culture
- A range of corporate and lifestyle benefits
IOOF is one of Australia’s leading wealth management organisations, undertaking a rapid and exciting transformation. The IOOF group has been helping Australians secure their future since 1846. During that time, we have grown substantially to become a leading provider of quality financial services. We now manage and administer more than $200 billion of client monies and are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange in the ASX top 200 (ASX:IFL).
Please submit your resume with a covering letter by clicking on «Apply Now».
Applicants will be required to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in Australia, and at a minimum be required to undertake police and basic credit checks as a condition of employment.
Please note that applications from agencies will not be considered at this time.
IOOF is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications regardless of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an adjustment during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request.
Given IOOF is currently undergoing an Organisational Design process, please be aware that it is anticipated that organisational change will occur.
Sales and Business Development