Learning & Development Manager
Fueled by strategic investment in technology and innovation, Client Technology seeks to drive growth opportunities and solve complex business problems for our clients through building a robust platform for business and powerful product engine that are vital to innovation at scale. As part of Client Technology (CT), you’ll work with technologists and business experts, blending EY’s deep industry knowledge and innovative ideas with our platforms, capabilities, and technical expertise. As a catalyst for change and growth, you’ll be at the forefront of integrating emerging technologies from AI to Data Analytics into every corner of what we do at EY. That means more growth for you, exciting learning opportunities, career choices, and the chance to make a real impact.
The selected candidate will:
- Provide learning & development expertise to enable the transformation of the Product Management and Business Architecture & Analysis functions within Client Technology.
- Responsible for scoping, shaping, and delivering two new learning initiatives (CT Analyst School and Product Management University), and then manage operationally as BAU.
- The role will operate across multiple learning related projects and will create project plan for each learning initiative, manage project risks and create clear and attainable milestones, adjusting the project plans as required to successfully deliver project objectives.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Partner with and manage relationships across the Domains in CT.
- Lead the delivery of parallel running learning programs as part of a larger transformation Product Management transformation program, including defining the learning program scope
- Coordinates and manages the collaboration and activities across a distributed team of business SMRs.
- Establish and run a new CT Analyst School that will be a two-year rotational program for Campus Hires focused on learning, coaching and mentoring and gaining experiences across the roles of Product Analyst, Business Analyst, Project Manager and Customer Service Manager.
- Work with Product Management SMRs to design, develop, deploy and then own the on-going management and maintenance of a new Product Management University targeted at existing CT Product Managers to enable delivery of elite product management across all CT products.
- Identify SMRs to assist with shaping and informing learning initiatives, providing content and insight.
- Assign responsibilities to SMRs and monitor progress against the project plan.
- Manage any associated third-party vendors providing Domain specific learning.
- Build positive relationships with SMRs and technical reviewers and Domain leadership, ensure they are managed effectively throughout the Program lifecycle
- Develops learning project objectives and identifies potential risks and issues, incorporating risk, issue and change management measures to keep the project on track.
- Collaborates with other learning teams across EY to use existing learning collateral.
Skills And Attributes For Success
- Solid understanding of end-to-end learning life cycle.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to navigate the EY learning ecosystem (e.g. global learning, SL learning, regional learning, GDS, Alliance partners etc.).
- Passionate about learning and development with the ability to design, deliver and manage engaging and memorable learning programs.
- Strong stakeholder management, influencing and communication skills with maturity to interact with senior leaders in the organization, and (where required) to resolve issues or challenges as they arise.
- Strong internal client-facing experience and skills. The ability to forge strong relationships with senior leaders to understand their business priorities and to help achieve them through talent and learning solutions.
- Strong consulting skills with the ability to understand and challenge client requirements, and to determine the most appropriate solutions for a global audience across different geographies and cultures.
- Ability to operate in an agile and changing technology environment.
- Motivated to deliver yet flexible to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change.
- Ability to use Learning technology and tools, as well as other relevant talent systems and knowledge tools.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Educated to degree level in a related field
- Good interpersonal skills with excellent written and verbal communication.
- Significant experience in a closely related learning function role.
- Demonstrable experience of understanding internal client/business strategy and successfully defining and implementing learning solutions that address business needs on a global level and/or to a dispersed client base.
- Demonstrable experience of having built, fostered and maintained strong relationships with business customers/clients.
- Capable of working in fast-paced, stressful environments to deliver required results.
- Experienced in providing credible trusted advice to address business challenges, and recommend learning and non-learning solutions.
- Willingness to work alternative hours will be required due to the global nature of this role.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Higher professional or Masters qualification in a related discipline is preferred, not required.
- Professional services industry experience.
- Proficient in aligning with both external and internal clients.
- Consulting skills.
What We Look For
- A self-starter, independent-thinker, curious and creative person with ambition and passion!
What We Offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Information Technology and Services, Computer Software, and Financial Services
Gaborone, South-East, Botswana