Lead Rigger, MHE Operator and Training Facilitator
The Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center (AUTEC) Mission is to provide Naval Warfare Centers, the Fleet, and other customers with accurate undersea, surface, and in-air three-dimensional tracking data and other unique Atlantic test facilities. In support of Research, Development, Test and Evaluation (RDT&E), and Fleet readiness assessment and training. AUTEC is a Major Range and Test Facility Base (MRTFB) and the Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Division Newport’s largest single team project, providing both deep and shallow water test and training environments. AUTEC is located on Andros island Bahamas.
Oversees and executes rigging / heavy lift activities in strict accordance with NAVFAC P-307, NAVSUP 538, P-300 and other applicable directives. Provides hands-on operational training for the Heavy Lift//MHE programs and acts as Safety POC for the Heavy Equipment employees.
- Plan and coordinate all aspects of the lift (standard and critical) with supervisor and crane team: determining the weight of the load to be lifted, establishing the appropriate method of communication with the operator, ensuring the load is properly rigged, ensuring the crane operating envelope remains clear of all obstructions, providing signals to the operator or assigning another rigger or signal person to provide the signals and conducting the operation in a safe manner
- Review stow plans and participate in pre-operational work plan and safety briefs
- Perform regular rigging gear inspections
- Provide hands-on field training for MHE program
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of safety program within the Heavy Equipment department.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Operates heavy equipment as assigned
- High school graduate or equivalent years’ experience working with lift team as lead rigger, MHE and safety operations. Completion of Navy Crane Center’s Rigging course is required.
- Experience in office computer programs such as Excel and Word.
- Must be able to obtain forklift and equipment license as well as “Train the Trainer” certification within two months. verbal and written skills
- Able to promote teamwork and quality in a multi-cultural environment
- Able to frequently bend, stoop and crouch
- Able to push / pull / carry up to 75 pounds
- Must have excellent mathematical ability
- Must be able to reside unaccompanied in a remote location with limited medical facilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Valid Driver’s License and passport will be required.
- Must be able to reside in remote location with limited medical facilities.
- This position requires the individual to be eligible to obtain a US Government security clearance; US Citizenship is required.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Management and Manufacturing
Construction, Information Technology and Services, and Financial Services