Lead Process Engineer
This full-time permanent opportunity is working in a innovative team in a crucial position in delivering a large-scale magnetite project overseas.
Wood is at the forefront of engineering solutions for a net zero future. A key component of decarbonising the world is the Mining and Minerals Industry which supplies the critical minerals required for this revolution. Wood is currently delivering critical metals projects (Battery and Magnet metals) all over the world, including Copper, Lithium, Vanadium, Rare Earths, and Base Metals projects.
As a Lead Process Engineer you will:
- Deliver best practice process designs in accordance with project, time, budget and technical requirements
- Develop innovative solutions to complex process and technical problems for a wide range of commodities
- Plan, execute and evaluate metallurgical testwork programs
- Prepare process deliverables such as process design criteria, process flow diagrams, mass and energy balances, equipment sizing, piping and instrumentation diagrams, process control philosophies, operating cost estimates and study reports
- Ensure process designs meet required safety standards and participate in HAZOP studies and design reviews
- Assist with business development activities and the preparation of proposal documentation
Skills / Qualifications
To be the successfully shortlisted candidate, you will have experience in large concentrator design with commodities such as nickel, cobalt, copper, lithium and rare earths. You will also have worked in an engineering company and also have:
- A minimum of 15 years’ resource industry experience with at least 7 years in the mining or minerals processing
- Relevant process plant operational experience
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent analytical, literacy and numeracy skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work exclusively or as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Well-developed computer skills and knowledge of databases, spreadsheets and engineering programs
- Experience with metallurgical balancing and simulation software such as SysCAD and/or METSIM would be highly regarded
Candidates must have full work rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
So much of our success depends on feeling part of a team with people around us that we can rely on. What unites us is our values. They set the tone, help create our culture, give us one common set of standards and help us all have a great experience at work.
If you are a suitably qualified Lead Process Engineer looking for a career opportunity without peer, we encourage you to apply.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Project Management, Design, and Engineering
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, Oil & Energy, and Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing