Lead Network Security Engineer
Work as part of an integrated (run & build) tribe to provide enterprise wide application support across multiple stakeholder groups (in high complexity environments) by maintaining & optimizing enterprise-grade applications (tech products & services) & building capability in others to do the same.
An opportunity to join a world-class team made up of some of the most prominent names in Security.
You’ll be provided with the best support, learning, and access to expertise in the marketplace to transform the way our customers work, and lead them through their digital transformation. You’ll improve their experience while maximising security in a global environment, and become their trusted advisor.
Your experience consulting for enterprise customers (both face to face and remotely) alongside your technical expertise will turn our customers into advocates; and give you the skills you need to build a highly successful career within a high growth organisation.
- Manage implementation and consulting projects, planning, scheduling, and implementing our web solutions
- Manage, escalate, and drive satisfactory resolution of clients operational issues
- Proactively drive security and operational best practices and various other initiatives.
- Own the customer technical engagement. Meet regularly with customer leadership and operational teams to provide bespoke insights on how our service helps them achieve their business goals
Ideally you’ll Have:
- Good understanding of HTTP and TCP/IP
- A background in Internet and Security technologies such as SWG, Sandboxing, Firewalls, DLP, and VPNs
- Network transformation technologies such as MPLS, SD-WAN or WAN Optimization.
- The ability to read packet captures
- Ability to interpret security reports to provide actionable improvements for our clients.
- A detailed working knowledge of web based security and network infrastructure, Security Proxies, such as NGFW, SSL/IPSec VPNs, and Firewalls
- Good understanding of ITIL / Service Management / Release Pipeline
- Troubleshooting knowledge, design and implementation experience
- A vendor certification such as CISSP, CCIE, CCNP, JNCIE, MCSE
Bachelor’s Degree: Information Technology
Absa Bank Limited is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. In compliance with the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups whose appointments will contribute towards achievement of equitable demographic representation of our workforce profile and add to the diversity of the Bank.
Absa Bank Limited reserves the right not to make an appointment to the post as advertised
Banking and Financial Services