Lead Cloud Data Engineer
IMPORTANT SECURITY ALERT: Please be aware that Voya Financial will never ask you to join a Google Hangout, request you to purchase your own equipment, or pay to apply.Keep your information secure when communicating with employers online. For more information on how to protect yourself and where you should report these scams, see our security section.
This role has the flexibility to work in or near one of our offices or remote work from home, preferably in the New England region.
We are looking for a Lead Cloud Data Engineer to join our Enterprise Data team, which supports all our businesses across product, sales, leadership and marketing teams. The ideal candidate is adept at architecting and implementing data-driven cloud based solutions. They will be subject matter experts and will be responsible for the technical leadership for data ingestion and processing engagements. A good understanding of cloud platforms and prior experience working with cloud based ETL tools as well and PySpark frameworks is required. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams.
What are we looking for?
- Technology lead who has experience and played a crucial role in successfully implementing enterprise solutions, in a cloud environment, using a vast range of data engineering and cloud technologies.
- Works on tasks independently and advises junior engineers.
- Helps design and build multiple critical components on more complex data projects. Ability to play a critical resource for medium-large teams.
- Delivers ETL pipelines while coordinating with other ETL engineers onshore and offshore
- Design documentation, test cases/tests ensuring reliability and mitigation strategy.
- Can pick up anyone’s code. Evangelizes ETL best practices.
- Shared ownership of teams’ agenda and goals while implementing required governance, monitors health.
- Responsible for the technical mentorship and guidance of a team junior cloud data resources, keeping members accountable for action items of a data project
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis solution design and development.
- 7-10 years of experience building data pipelines using ETL tools with at least 3 years of cloud data engineering background
- 3-5 years of experience in using PySpark based solutions (Databricks etc.)
- 3+ years of CI/CD experience
- 3+ years of experience on public cloud. (Azure experience a plus)
- Proficiency working with large data stores
- Experience building cloud based warehouses (Snowflake etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- Good experience in end-to-end implementation of DW BI projects, especially in data warehouse and mart developments)
- Experience in preparing test scripts and test cases to validate data and maintaining data quality
- Good understanding of Data integration, Data Quality
- Deep understanding of all aspects of database technologies – schema design, optimization, scalability, etc
- Experience in SDLC, especially testing and deployment.
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
Antas ng seniority
Uri ng trabaho
Function sa trabaho
Insurance, Financial Services
Por favor, para solicitar este trabajo visita ph.linkedin.com.